Just bought an All-in-Wonder HD

Tom Rapner

And I have to say, I deplore the Calayst Media Center. It's bloated,
unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the old
non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
software that works well with this card?

RobV

Tom Rapner wrote:
> And I have to say, I deplore the Calayst Media Center. It's bloated,
> unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the
> old non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
> software that works well with this card?

Have read good reviews on this and it has a 15 day trial period so you
can try before you buy.
http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtv/
trial software download:
http://www.snapstream.com/Download/beyondtv/default.asp

-----------------
-----------------

Ardge E. Bargy

Thanks, but have you actually *used* it with the AIW HD? I'm hoping
someone will respond who's actually done so, to save me a little time.
Otherwise, I'll test a few apps myself, and report back.

"RobV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:496294dd$0$20430$(E-Mail Removed)-binaries.com:

Ardge E. Bargy wrote:
> Thanks, but have you actually *used* it with the AIW HD? I'm hoping
> someone will respond who's actually done so, to save me a little time.
> Otherwise, I'll test a few apps myself, and report back.

No, I have not used the app, but I have read reviews of many PC tuner
cards (I was looking for one to buy) and found that anyone who didn't
have XP Media Center, or Vista, hated the supplied application (no
matter the manufacturer and the new AIW was included) and many used and
liked BeyondTV. There were other programs mentioned, but I don't recall
what they were.

It would be nice to hear from someone with first hand experience with
your card, I agree. Just thought since it has a 15 day trial, it was
worth mentioning.

[snip]

-----------------
-----------------

spamme0

Tom Rapner wrote:
> And I have to say, I deplore the Calayst Media Center. It's bloated,
> unresponsive and doesn't provide the level of user control that the old
> non-Catalyst MMC did. Can anyone recommend any third-party vidcap
> software that works well with this card?

I've got the same problem.
WatchHDTV has limited recording capability in XP. Have not been able
to make it work in Vista.
Windows MCE sorta works in Vista, but takes 100% of my 2.4GHZ cpu.
IF you find anything useful, please report back here.
mike