Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

K7s5a flashing problem

 
 
Rubbie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Now I know this might not be directly related to this group, still i'm gonna
try my luck in here.

I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350 mhz.
So i tried to flash the MB so it would recognize the cpu correctly. I used
the tools provided by ECS. But when I tried to flash the MB, the programm
told me the MB doesn't support flashing.
Does anyone have a solution to this? The BIOS used is Amibios. I also tried
their flash utility, and it tells me the same thing: MB does not support
flashing.

What to do?

Any help is appreciated,

Regards Rubbie


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wes Newell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-07-2006, 09:20 AM
On Sun, 07 May 2006 04:04:10 +0200, Rubbie wrote:

> I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
> xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350 mhz.
> What to do?
>

Set the FSB to 133MHz. You have it set at 100 now.

--
Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder? http://mythtv.org
http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html Usenet alt.video.ptv.mythtv
My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
HD Tivo S3 compared http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/mythtivo.htm

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Logan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Rubbie wrote:
> Now I know this might not be directly related to this group, still i'm gonna
> try my luck in here.
>
> I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
> xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350 mhz.
> So i tried to flash the MB so it would recognize the cpu correctly. I used
> the tools provided by ECS. But when I tried to flash the MB, the programm
> told me the MB doesn't support flashing.
> Does anyone have a solution to this? The BIOS used is Amibios. I also tried
> their flash utility, and it tells me the same thing: MB does not support
> flashing.
>
> What to do?
>
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Regards Rubbie
>
>

The MB is fine and is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The reason
that you can not flash the mb is that there is a jumper on it to prevent
exactly what you are trying to do. You need to find and remove the
jumper to flash the BIOS. I believe your real problem is you have the
FSB set to 100 Mhz instead of 133Mhz.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rubbie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2006, 01:19 PM

"Logan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rubbie wrote:
>> Now I know this might not be directly related to this group, still i'm
>> gonna try my luck in here.
>>
>> I got a MB from a friend of mine, ECS K7s5a (ver 3.1). I installed an amd
>> xp2200+. Booted the system and noticed that the cpu is running @ 1350
>> mhz. So i tried to flash the MB so it would recognize the cpu correctly.
>> I used the tools provided by ECS. But when I tried to flash the MB, the
>> programm told me the MB doesn't support flashing.
>> Does anyone have a solution to this? The BIOS used is Amibios. I also
>> tried their flash utility, and it tells me the same thing: MB does not
>> support flashing.
>>
>> What to do?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated,
>>
>> Regards Rubbie

> The MB is fine and is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The reason
> that you can not flash the mb is that there is a jumper on it to prevent
> exactly what you are trying to do. You need to find and remove the jumper
> to flash the BIOS. I believe your real problem is you have the FSB set to
> 100 Mhz instead of 133Mhz.


Yeah I already figured out the FSB part . I thought that, if it ain't set
too 100 FSB by jumpers, it is automatically set to use 133 FSB.

The flashing problem was solved by using an older version of the flashing
program (Since the newer versions didn't support the EEPROM)

I forgot to mention in my original post that, there was no option in BIOS
nor was there a jumper that could be switched to allow BIOS overwriting to
allowed.

Anyway, I fixed the problems I had and everything is running fine now.

Thanks for your efforts everyone

Regards Rubbie


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem flashing bios on IC7G Max2 Dave Abit 7 09-07-2004 02:50 PM
Problem flashing 1008 BIOS. Vormulac Asus 2 08-14-2004 03:41 PM
Problem flashing BIOS Mr Ter Asus 2 04-24-2004 07:42 AM
Re: K7S5A: FSB 100/133 only after flashing BIOS Buffalo ECS 0 04-01-2004 05:16 AM
Problem flashing BIOS on A7V8X-X (rev. 1.01) Mark Asus 6 08-06-2003 08:40 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment