K7S5A to give away (dead board)

Bunch Of Fun

My second K7S5A motherboard recently died (the first one was my fault).

It's been a great ride, 5 years running 24/7. Now I've got AMD X2 dual core!

Anyway, maybe someone can reuse the components. You can pick it up at my
place. I'm located in Montreal, Canada in the West Island (Beaconsfield).

I will not ship this, not worth the hassle.

sdlomi2

"Bunch Of Fun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a6108$45514e6d$cf702f08$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My second K7S5A motherboard recently died (the first one was my fault).
>
> It's been a great ride, 5 years running 24/7. Now I've got AMD X2 dual
> core!
>
> Anyway, maybe someone can reuse the components. You can pick it up at my
> place. I'm located in Montreal, Canada in the West Island (Beaconsfield).
>
> I will not ship this, not worth the hassle.

Curious: assuming you checked it regularly, how long could you keep its
CMOS setting at 133fsb? I built a # of boxes w/that mobo, & all would fall
from 133 back to 100, regardless of board-version--and I feel sure I used
them all. Even tried the Pro-version AND the K7S6A both of which did the
same. They all would hold for only a couple of weeks, days, or hours.
BTW: nice gesture your giving it away. I've accepted many such gifts
and made quite a few built-from-leftovers boxes. [Be sure and give him the
cpu, also, so he can verify the board's being bad!?!]
Have a nice holiday season, kinda like Merry Christmas! sam

OT: Give away of the Day RnR Dell 0 08-08-2011 11:54 AM
Re: Does WEP key give away access to my data to another computer? Robert Montgomery Apple 30 04-16-2009 10:25 PM
D270/2 (two 64bit CPUs) with 3GB RAM to give away Ulrich Windl HP 0 12-11-2006 02:09 PM
Sun Monitor, etc. give-away Netnews Marty Sun Hardware 0 01-28-2005 12:14 AM
Cleaning/Erasing old computers to give away? Whelan Dell 9 12-16-2003 05:48 PM