K7S5A overclocking

Richard Hall

Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
the PRO.

I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

Buffalo

"Richard Hall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bc82f.106314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
> the PRO.
>
> I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

Two things to try are:
1) HoneyX BIOS (allows some overclocking). (Great BIOS overall)
2)SpeedFan (Free program that allows OC after you are in Windows)
You can try different speeds in SF, and if you need to reboot, it can revert
back to the standard speed.

Richard Hall

i have this speedfan running now.
i haven't changed any speeds yet. Is there any risk of harming the
system? right now its at 133/133/133 when i went to detect in speedfan.
And if i were to change it, what exactly should i change, and what
should i change it to? (for example)

i have a 1800+ tbred, standard fan, casefan, 512 ddr ram 3200 running at
whatever this board handles (2100 is it?)

Buffalo wrote:
> "Richard Hall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bc82f.106314$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
>>the PRO.
>>
>>I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

> Two things to try are:
> 1) HoneyX BIOS (allows some overclocking). (Great BIOS overall)
> 2)SpeedFan (Free program that allows OC after you are in Windows)
> You can try different speeds in SF, and if you need to reboot, it can revert
> back to the standard speed.

Charles Leblanc

Hi there,

I found this site that suggest the closing of bridge L5(1) to unlock the
multiplier of the Athlon XP-M

I could "upgrade" my 14X143mhz Athlon XP-M to something in the neighborhood
of 2400 real mhz,

You might look it over, you might be able to unlock the multiplier of your
1800+

I used to have a 1800+ but it would not overclock significantly so you might
be loosing your time

On my Systeme, I uopgraded to an Athlon XP-M

http://fab51.com/cpu/barton/athlon-e24.html#L5

I think that I have some silver paint around...

I already have a Thermaltake fan with a copper core, not very efficient but
much better than the stock Athlon XP fan Usually my CPU runs below 40C for
2000mhz or real CPU speed

It seems to be possible to use Crystal CPUID Multiplier
management with an "unlock" Athlon XP-M, It seems to work fine with the
"locked" cpu

I have the K7S5A with the Honey-X Bios, A 2400+ Athlon XP-M and 1GB of
Kingston DDR-333 memory@DDR285 (!!)

Charles

"Richard Hall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bc82f.106314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it at all possible to OC a K7S5A and a 1800+ Tbred. the board is not
> the PRO.
>
> I Have looked in the newsgroups here and it doesn't seem very promising.

About K7S5A Pro: overclocking FSB to 166 and 200MHz Daniele Gratteri ECS 0 12-21-2003 07:39 PM
Overclocking a K7s5a Pro with an Athlon XP 1500+ Russ Chewning a.k.a. Pogue ECS 9 11-02-2003 09:49 AM
ECS k7s5a overclocking WJ ECS 9 10-11-2003 07:24 AM
overclocking amd xp 1800+ Bcore, ecs k7s5a pro Chris Johnson AMD Overclocking 5 08-21-2003 05:29 PM
K7S5A overclocking XPs? Li'l ol' me ECS 2 07-08-2003 11:17 AM