K7S5A won't boot off SATA HD

bassplyr1964

I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
disk the system doesn't see the HD.

John Edmister

The only way you can make a SATA a boot disk is if you can get the driver
for it to load before anything else..... or if your mobo supports booting
from RAID, which, the K7S5A does not, I dont believe.

{SFU}Jackyl

"bassplyr1964" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:c525a$4258caa6$455da0d2$15965@allthenewsgroup s.com...
>I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
> see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
> disk the system doesn't see the HD.

bassplyr1964

OK here is the twist to the plot. If I leave my WinXP CD in the drive
it will boot up. When it checks my SATA drive it says no boot record
found. It sees the Win XP CD, I don't press enter to boot CD and then
low and behold XP comes up. So I must be missing some files somewhere
:?:

BigDog

Try changing the boot drive to boot from scsi in the bios.

news:e025c$42716481$455da0d2$19380@allthenewsgroup s.com...