K7V Dragon + problem/XP Pro

sligo

Aded new hard drive/80 cable to system and now won't boot. Gives 2 sec beep
about every 4 or 5 seconds.
I hope I did not inadvertently break something with my big hands.
Need suggestions her, please.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

SleeperMan

sligo wrote:
> Aded new hard drive/80 cable to system and now won't boot. Gives 2
> sec beep about every 4 or 5 seconds.
> I hope I did not inadvertently break something with my big hands.
> Need suggestions her, please.
> Thank you,
> Seamus J. Wilson

below i give you some error beep functions if you find your's there...
But, in general...
how did you plug it in? on same cable as it's existing one? If so, did you
move jumper on new HDD to SLAVE? There must NOT be two master or two slave
drives on one cable...

Continous long beeps with short pauses in between:

The beep indicated that the motherboad did not detect the your memory.
Please check and make sure the memory is fully seated into the slot. If you
have re-seated the memory a few time and it is still not working, then the
memory you have may not be compatible with the board.

I get one long and 2 shorts beeps follow by Hi -Lo tone

This could be due to the following;
1. the ram module is bad,
2. bad power supply.
3. the data in the Bios chips is corrupted. - try clear Cmos.

System worked before but now only beep continuously

This could happen if:
1. Power supply unit is bad.
2. BIOS is corrupted.
at this point the first thing to try is a different Power Supply, to see if
the results are any better.
If the same problem happen with the new power supply, you may need to send
the BIOS Chip to SOYO for reprogramming.

I get one long beep + two or three short beeps from the speaker.

It is very likely that the VGA card is not properly seated in to the slot.
Please push the VGA card down and make sure it 'snaps' twice to ensure it is
fully seated into the slot.
if the same problem still exist please try a different VGA card.

I got a beep sometimes 2 or 3 beeps when I turn on my Dragon board.

Well, this is normal for the Dragon board to behave this way. When the sysem
boots up, it will check the onboard devices and each time it detects a
device, it will beep to indicate that the component is functioning.

Computer makes one or several beeps and Shuts-Off automatically

1. check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B
only)
2. the CPU might be overheating. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan
is in proper contact with the CPU.
3. clear CMOS battery (JP5), be sure to set JP5 back to 1-2 position. (see
Quick start guide/ user manual for more info on how to clear the CMOS)
4. make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B
specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03
specification power supply. (power supply that have an extra 4-pin square
connector)
5. if you already checked the power supply specification, change the power
supply it might be defective.
6. remove the M/B from the case and test the system. The M/B might be
shorted to the case.

One beep and nothing come up on the monitor

This could be due to the following;

1. The monitor is not plug in correctly. Please check the monitor cable be
sure it is connected firmly. If problem still presist, please try another
monitor.
2. The Bios setting may not be set correctly. - To correct this problem try
turn the system on while holding the "Insert" key down. Once the system
comes up, hit the "Del" key and select "Load Optimised Defaults", hit
"Enter" then select "Y". next choose save and exit.

sligo

Thank you for kind response.
I found the ram card loose, reseated and all's well. Hands too large for
confined space.
Thank you,
Seamus J.
news:8L3hf.1308$(E-Mail Removed)...

------

> [...]

> connector)
> 5. if you already checked the power supply specification, change the power
> supply it might be defective.
> 6. remove the M/B from the case and test the system. The M/B might be
> shorted to the case.
>
> One beep and nothing come up on the monitor

------

> This could be due to the following;
>
> 1. The monitor is not plug in correctly. Please check the monitor cable be
> sure it is connected firmly. If problem still presist, please try another
> monitor.
> 2. The Bios setting may not be set correctly. - To correct this problem

try
> turn the system on while holding the "Insert" key down. Once the system
> comes up, hit the "Del" key and select "Load Optimised Defaults", hit
> "Enter" then select "Y". next choose save and exit.

uddarts

"" wrote:
> Aded new hard drive/80 cable to system and now won't boot.
> Gives 2 sec beep
> about every 4 or 5 seconds.
> I hope I did not inadvertently break something with my big
> hands.
> Need suggestions her, please.
> Thank you,
> Seamus J. Wilson

try reseating the ram and vid card. it should be one of the two. also
try resetting the bios//cmos by unpluging the psu and setting the
jumper to clear.

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/K7V-Dr...pict65444.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=328082

Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Plus amd athlon 2100+xp wizrd0330 ECS 1 02-03-2005 02:59 PM
Need help: USB on Soyo K7V Dragon+ and WinXP Pro Steve Soyo 0 02-21-2004 05:51 AM
Need help: USB on Soyo K7V Dragon+ and WinXP Pro Steve Soyo 0 02-21-2004 05:49 AM
Dragon K7V issue Rakis Soyo 2 07-02-2003 01:46 AM
Help With K7V Dragon Plus! board? anu2002 Soyo 0 06-27-2003 12:40 PM