k7vme will not post problem help needed

needin4mation@gmail.com

Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
good one from another system (1700XP AMD).

Any ideas what to check next or am I just out of luck. At one time in
the past I got it to load XP. Now just does nothing.

dave AKA vwdoc1

unplug HD and other drives and see what happens

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
> The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
> reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
> results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
> came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
> good one from another system (1700XP AMD).
>
> Any ideas what to check next or am I just out of luck. At one time in
> the past I got it to load XP. Now just does nothing.

needin4mation@gmail.com

I unplugged everything, got a new memory stick, took the MB out of the
case. All I get is a little click when it the cpu fan spins up. If I
hit reset the little click again.

Anyway, I think it is definitely a bad mobo because I took the CPU out
of the MB and put it in a MB with the same memory, etc. and all worked
fine.

So what happened is that I paid $90 never got my $70 rebate (been a
year and soyo claims I will get my rebate) and now the MB will not
work.

I will never never every by SOYO again.

dave AKA vwdoc1

did you try a video card?
any beeps?

I think soyo has lost a lot of possible future customers!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I unplugged everything, got a new memory stick, took the MB out of the
> case. All I get is a little click when it the cpu fan spins up. If I
> hit reset the little click again.
>
> Anyway, I think it is definitely a bad mobo because I took the CPU out
> of the MB and put it in a MB with the same memory, etc. and all worked
> fine.
>
> So what happened is that I paid $90 never got my $70 rebate (been a
> year and soyo claims I will get my rebate) and now the MB will not
> work.
>
> I will never never every by SOYO again.

Dave H.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
> The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
> reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
> results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
> came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
> good one from another system (1700XP AMD).
>
> Any ideas what to check next or am I just out of luck. At one time in
> the past I got it to load XP. Now just does nothing.

Make sure you still have the cpu power connector (two yellow 12V and two
black Ground wires and a plug) connected to this motherboard. That has
screwed up alot of people. You might even want to try another power supply.
Some real junky PSU's on the market.

My board runs fine. Got the Soyo rebate on this board after about 8 months.
Poor rebate service is damaging the Soyo brand name.

Dave H.

needin4mation@gmail.com

Yes. The rebate is damaging SOYO. The word is out.

The 12V was plugged in. The CPU fan will spin and all, just no video
and the HD beyond and initial spin up. I have used the PSU on another
machine without problem. Thanks though.

williamanderson

Hi, my name is William Anderson and I am a member of the Pennsylvania
bar, working in Washington, DC. Recently, we have been investigating
many claims regarding Soyo rebates. In connection with the ongoing
investigation, it would be very useful if I could talk with you about
your experience with Soyo, particularly regarding any difficulty you
encountered attempting to redeem your rebate. If you are interested,
please e-mail me at (E-Mail Removed) or contact me by phone at
202-789-3960. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Dave H.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi, my soyo k7vme will not post. It turns on. The CPU fan comes on.
> The HD spins and start to "crank up" (but quickly stops making the
> reading noise). The PC does not shutdown. It just runs with no
> results. The video cannot be seen. The Power Supply is the one that
> came with it. I have tried the memory in both slots. The CPU is a
> good one from another system (1700XP AMD).

The cpu speed jumper settings have been known to cause problems. Your board
might have been shipped with the jumpers on the wrong clips. Pull off both
flea clips to get the 133 MHz front side bus, then try the 100 Mhz FSB
setting. The 200 Mhz FSB option is screened onto the board, but not
supported, and I could never post at 200 Mhz. Mine is currently jumpered for
166 Mhz, and slightly overclocked in the bios (T-bred "A" at 1860 Mhz).

HTH,

Dave H.

needin4mation@gmail.com

I tried it with no jumper at all (as well as all the other settings).

K7VME soyo rebooting problem on scrolling..interesting! ari.gajraj@gmail.com Soyo 0 04-18-2005 06:50 PM
k7vme reboot problem john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com Soyo 1 01-11-2005 04:17 AM
I NEED HELP VIDEO WITH MY SOYO SY-K7VME MOTHERBOARD!!! sujoe02 Soyo 5 12-19-2004 09:12 PM
K7VME & USB scanner problem JohnK Soyo 0 11-06-2004 01:15 PM
Soyo K7VME barebones will not POST Barton Brown Soyo 5 10-07-2004 12:45 PM