K7vme system - no rebate yet, 2nd mo bo eats bios batteries.

john czarnuszewicz

SOYO was my favorite mo bo supplier in the old days.

But now, its been 11 months since I bought the the SOYO 7VME barebones at
Tiger Direct. I bought several other barebones at TIGER and other places. I
build PCs for friends and relatives.

I sent in the rebate forms. About 6 months ago I complained that the rebate
had not shown up. Got a reply from SOYO that it was being processed. Nothing
Yet. I think I would remember a $50 rebate.

The original mo bo refused to boot, got a RMA and sent it back for a
replacement. About $7 for shipping + $5 for SOYO handling.

The replacement mo bo drains a fresh CMOS battery in about 3 weeks. I don't
want to spend another $12 shipping and handling to get another defective mo
bo.

Now the SOYO case has an old MATSONIC mo bo that is running great. I know
that this is not a power supply problem.

Next month, I will go to the two LUGs ( Linux User Groups) I hang out in
as well as the local PC USER (Windows) Group and update the gang on my SOYO
(mis)adventures.

Anyone else have this type of experience?