K7VTA Pro V1.0, Athlon XP 1800+ Trouble

mervburger@gmail.com

I have a K7VTA Pro V1.0 with an Athlon XP 1800+ (Palomino) processor. I
was running it with the CPU FSB at 100MHz (I didn't bother changing it
when I first set it up.)

I recently tried putting the FSB to 133MHz so that the processor could
run at it's fastest speed. However, when I did this, Windows XP refused
to boot, giving me random BSOD STOP errors shortly after the splash
screen displayed. I tried an Ubuntu 5.10 live-cd, but it would never
get past decompressing the Linux kernel, or it would just get kernes
panics.

I flashed the BIOS to version 2AB2, but that made no difference.

Once I set the FSB back to 100MHz, everything would work just fine.

Dennis Mullin

Could be your memory isn't willing to live at the faster speed.
Have you checked to see what your memory is rated for?