K7VTAPRO-2BA2

RioBORG

How can I find out the maximum HDD capacity this mobo can handle?

I'm considering buying a 200Gb IDE drive.

Thanks in advance.

ThunderBob

You should be fine for a 200gig drive.
I'm using a 250 gig drive on my K7VTAPro with the 2BA1 BIOS. 2BA1 added support for drives over 137 gigs.

TB

"RioBORG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> How can I find out the maximum HDD capacity this mobo can handle?
>
> I'm considering buying a 200Gb IDE drive.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Gaudi

I am currently using my K7VTA Pro to host a server but have notice
it's slow HD performance. I get figures around 10-12 mb/s. Has anyon
else performed any of these tests to compare results
I used EVEREST Ultimate Edition, Tools, Disk Benchmark

Thanks

rioborg@brfree.com.br

Which processor you guys have running on you K7VTAPRO?

I got an Athlon XP 1400 but I'm seriously thinking about getting a
faster processor?

Should an Athlon XP 2000 run ok? What's the fastest Athlon I can have?

ThunderBob

http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=16

Soyo's list of compatible processors.

Let's see, XP 1700+, XP1800+, XP 2000+, XP 2400+ all running fine on the various boards I know about. It's a V1.0 that's running the 2400+.

Fastest for you depends on which version of K7VTA Pro you have. And you'd need to find the older cores if you want to upgrade (of course).

TB.