K7X/W2k - Other PCI Bridge Device driver problem

Dick

I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
(S2468) motherboard.
I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
problem.
Anyone else run into this and found a solution?

Rich

Bryan Hoover

Dick wrote:

> I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
> (S2468) motherboard.
> I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
> cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
> problem.

In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?

Bryan

> Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
>
> Rich

Dick

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Dick wrote:
>>
>> I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
>> (S2468) motherboard.
>> I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
>> cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
>> problem.

>In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
>connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?
>
>Bryan
>
>> Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
>>
>> Rich

Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
driver on AMD's website

charles

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Dick wrote:
>>>
>>> I have installed Windows 2000 Pro on a server with a Tyan Thunder K7X
>>> (S2468) motherboard.
>>> I keep getting a "Other PCI Bridge Device" message on startup. I
>>> cannot find any chipset drivers on Tyan's site that fixes this
>>> problem.

>>In addition to all chipset, board drivers, are you sure everything
>>connected to the board has an up to date, Win2k Pro driver?
>>
>>Bryan
>>
>>> Anyone else run into this and found a solution?
>>>
>>> Rich

>Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
>driver on AMD's website

I am having the same problem. Would you post the link to that driver
please?

Thanks.

charles

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
>driver on AMD's website

Well I found and installed it and it resolves the problem with the
device. Any idea what the device is supposed to do?

Bryan Hoover

charles wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:04 -0600, Dick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:56:58 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:
> >

> >Found the solution - it was a power management driver. Found the right
> >driver on AMD's website

> Well I found and installed it and it resolves the problem with the
> device. Any idea what the device is supposed to do?

AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.

Bryan

charles

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:57:00 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
>standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.
>
>Bryan

Thanks that's about what I figured too. Doesn't seem to be any effect
here (S2466) with it on or off that I can see anyway.

Bryan Hoover

charles wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:57:00 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >AFAIK, it's, uhm, power management. The "green" stuff -- hibernate,
> >standby, and like that. FAIK I figure anyway.
> >
> >Bryan

> Thanks that's about what I figured too. Doesn't seem to be any effect
> here (S2466) with it on or off that I can see anyway.

There are also options in the bios (s2462 anyway). I assume OS
environment software takes precedence -- in Windows there are options
from the Power button on the Screen Saver tab of Display Properties.

The various modes, on wake up, lock up my system -- I assume I have one
or more expansion cards that are not conforming to the standard.

Bryan

charles

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:46:57 -0500, Bryan Hoover <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The various modes, on wake up, lock up my system -- I assume I have one
>or more expansion cards that are not conforming to the standard.
>
>Bryan

Option settings haven't had any noticeable effect at all on my S2466. I
had been hoping that I'd get this windows2000 machine to power down on
exit which I never did get to work when it was on a S2460.