K8MM-ILSR Warm reboot hang

WCZ

Hello,

I've currently putting together a K8MM-ILSR based system with an Athlon64
3200+ CPU. I don't have all the bits yet so its not in a final
configuration but it always hangs when warm rebooting. Whilst running
Windows it seems pretty rock solid, no crashes or anything. If I do a
restart then it shuts down normally but when you would expect to see the
POST screen come up, the monitor just goes into standby and that's where the
machine stops - it doesn't go on to boot windows.

I've flashed the BIOS to the latest (3.7 I think) but I didn't check the
reboot issue before flashing.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Many thanks.

Dave.

ys

Hi, Take the whole mainboard out of the casing and test outside the
casing. maybe main board power short or psu no good.

WCZ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've currently putting together a K8MM-ILSR based system with an Athlon64
> 3200+ CPU. I don't have all the bits yet so its not in a final
> configuration but it always hangs when warm rebooting. Whilst running
> Windows it seems pretty rock solid, no crashes or anything. If I do a
> restart then it shuts down normally but when you would expect to see the
> POST screen come up, the monitor just goes into standby and that's where the
> machine stops - it doesn't go on to boot windows.
>
> I've flashed the BIOS to the latest (3.7 I think) but I didn't check the
> reboot issue before flashing.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dave.

WCZ

"ys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, Take the whole mainboard out of the casing and test outside the
> casing. maybe main board power short or psu no good.

I've got a brand new case and PSU coming today so hopefully that will solve
the problem.