K8MM3-V Onboard VGA Not Working

gjctech@gmail.com

I just installed a MSI K8MM3-V mobo, CPU, Power, and RAM. However, I
cannot get VGA support from the mobo, do I have to enable this somehow?

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just installed a MSI K8MM3-V mobo, CPU, Power, and RAM. However, I
> cannot get VGA support from the mobo, do I have to enable this somehow?

If an AGP card is plugged into the motherboard, that might be enough
to disable the onboard VGA connector. A lot of these integrated video
boards are "either/or", and either the AGP video card gives the video
or the onboard does the work, but not both at the same time.

There is a "VGA Share Memory Size" setting in the BIOS. The factory
default could be 64MB, which is borrowed from system RAM. There
is an option there, to "disable" sharing. I suspect if the BIOS
had set that to "disable", then there would be no reason to have
video output from the onboard. You would either have to "clear CMOS"
to get the default back, or install an AGP card, enter the BIOS, and check
the setting using the AGP card.

One reason for not getting video output, would be not having the
ATX12V 2x2 power connector in place. The square 2x2 connector is
next to the CPU socket.

If you are getting the one POST beep from the board at startup, that
generally tells you the processor is running (to make the beep).
If the video has completely failed, there is usually a beep code
that signifies that fact. Hearing the video beep code, tells you
the processor is running, and there is some problem with video.

If you are getting no beeps from the system at all (and the computer
case speaker is connected to the PANEL header), then there is a
more serious problem with the board. You cannot get video, without
a running processor to program it.

Paul

Harry Syme

get a cheap pci card then set bios to boot from agp

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I just installed a MSI K8MM3-V mobo, CPU, Power, and RAM. However, I
> cannot get VGA support from the mobo, do I have to enable this somehow?

Horst Franke

In news:(E-Mail Removed) acidburn975 wrote:

> i have that motherboard ower a year and its sudenly not working wen i
> plug the sata hdd i get nothing on the monitor not ewen the bios! its
> giving lots of beeping sound and nothing else! please help me

Hi acidburn975
The _details_ about lots of beeping sound will tell us what's going
wrong. This is specific to the used BIOS and motherboard.

What happens if You unplug the sata hdd?
Did You connect it internally or as external device?

I noticed the same when I connected an external DVD on the USB
bus but without providing power to that external DVD.

My Symptom was BIOS did not perform the RAM check and hung.
Removing the USB plug cleared that problem.

Horst