k8n neo4 platinum usb 2.0 problem

francisco.canino@gmail.com

I can not get it to work. Each time that I connect a USB 2.0 device XP
indicates that the device will be performance better in a 2.0
connection.

Can somebody helps?

Thanks

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I can not get it to work. Each time that I connect a USB 2.0 device XP
> indicates that the device will be performance better in a 2.0
> connection.
>
> Can somebody helps?
>
> Thanks

Look for an "Enhanced" entry in the USB system devices in
Device Manager. That means USB2 has been enabled and you can
check it and see a driver loaded for it. The driver is build
into Windows (like WinXP SP1 or SP2).

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

This procedure, removes the Device Manager USB entries, and
after a reboot, Windows rediscovers all the USB devices again.

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup...afe%20Mode.htm

It is also possible for the problem to be caused by the USB cable used.
There are cables which are USB 1.1 only (typically used with keyboards
or other low data rate devices). In that case, the OS will try to use
USB2, get lots of CRC errors and communication problems, then revert
back to USB 1.1. And then you see the message that things could be
faster. A better quality cable might be all that is needed.

Paul

Jack

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I can not get it to work. Each time that I connect a USB 2.0 device XP
> indicates that the device will be performance better in a 2.0
> connection.
>
> Can somebody helps?
>
> Thanks

See if this is the problem: