K8NGM2-FID Out of Production Already?

Spoogemeister

Anyone got any info on why this relatively new and great motherboard is out
of stock almost everywhere? MSI crippled the ability in the newest BIOS
revision 3.20 to change V-Core voltage settings over .05.

First they cripple the ability to utilize the MB to it's fullest, then they
stop making it altogether. Whats up with that?

I've read they just wanted customers to pay more to have the overclocking
capabilities and didn't like the fact that so many customers were foregoing
the more expensive boards in favor of this baby.

If you ask ne, MSI shot themselves in the foot over this fiasco. The
backlash will be felt for years, as the tweakers are a funny group and
remember when making future purchases. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me
twice shame on me!

sam

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:10:51 -0800, "Spoogemeister"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone got any info on why this relatively new and great motherboard is out
>of stock almost everywhere? MSI crippled the ability in the newest BIOS
>revision 3.20 to change V-Core voltage settings over .05.
>
>First they cripple the ability to utilize the MB to it's fullest, then they
>stop making it altogether. Whats up with that?
>
>I've read they just wanted customers to pay more to have the overclocking
>capabilities and didn't like the fact that so many customers were foregoing
>the more expensive boards in favor of this baby.
>
>If you ask ne, MSI shot themselves in the foot over this fiasco. The
>backlash will be felt for years, as the tweakers are a funny group and
>remember when making future purchases. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me
>twice shame on me!

I think it's just a popular board. Let's face it, there aren't that
many good boards out there. Most of the stuff is either SLI crap or
SLI based crippleware. It's also in demand by the HDTV crowd as a
good cheap way to make a HDTV cable/OTA tuner, high quality dvd
player, and DVR.

Sorry to hear they crippled the cpu voltage controls in the new bios.
Typical bullshit. I'm tired of manufacturers only manufacturing
crippleware or >$200 pimpmobiles that no one wants.

At least Intel's taking it good and hard in the nuts these days

**** Rambus and P4 4-ever.

Mavra Chang

> Anyone got any info on why this relatively new and great motherboard is
> out of stock almost everywhere? MSI crippled the ability in the newest
> BIOS revision 3.20 to change V-Core voltage settings over .05.

Just flash back to the older one if you liked that better. I'll tell you
though I'm glad I got this board when I did. I got this board when it first
came out and it was underpriced to boot. It wasn't a secret for long. It
blows away the others in (and out of ) it's class.

mc
- Live every day like it's your last.one day you'll be right!