KG7 cant access bios

JoJo

Hi
Have a KG7 with a Athlon 1.4 and for some time now I cant access the bios
settings.
I reseted the CMOS and when Im pressing the DEL key I get a black screen
with a blue line at the bottom. Tried replacing graphic card and keyboard
and removing all PCI cards.

So now Im running at 1000MHz and cant access bios to increase the speed.
But windows starts OK anyway.

Is the board faulty or is there a "secret key"

Thanks!

/J

TomG

this is caused by electrical noise getting into the mobo from a fan
connected to one or more of the mobo headers. disconnect the RPM lead from
all fans connected to the mobo fan headers. or, disconnect them one at a
time if you have more than one so that you can try to find which fan might
be causing it.

the RPM line is not the red or black line but frequently blue, white or
possibly yellow.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"JoJo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:meNab.25174$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Have a KG7 with a Athlon 1.4 and for some time now I cant access the bios
> settings.
> I reseted the CMOS and when Im pressing the DEL key I get a black screen
> with a blue line at the bottom. Tried replacing graphic card and keyboard
> and removing all PCI cards.
>
> So now Im running at 1000MHz and cant access bios to increase the speed.
> But windows starts OK anyway.
>
> Is the board faulty or is there a "secret key"
>
> Thanks!
>
> /J

JoJo

Hi!
Have to thank you all, it was the proc fan speed, the rpm was too slow.
I installed motherboard monitor and saw that fan speed was 300 000rpm !!!!!
Hmmm, not likely....
I increased the fan speed so It read 2500rpm and whops! I can enter the
bios.
Superb knowledge here!!

Regards
Jrgen

"TomG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> this is caused by electrical noise getting into the mobo from a fan
> connected to one or more of the mobo headers. disconnect the RPM lead

from
> all fans connected to the mobo fan headers. or, disconnect them one at a
> time if you have more than one so that you can try to find which fan might
> be causing it.
>
> the RPM line is not the red or black line but frequently blue, white or
> possibly yellow.
>
> --
>
> Thomas Geery
> Network+ certified
>
> ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> over 115,000 FTP users served!
> ^^^^^^^
>

> "JoJo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:meNab.25174$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > Have a KG7 with a Athlon 1.4 and for some time now I cant access the

bios
> > settings.
> > I reseted the CMOS and when Im pressing the DEL key I get a black

screen
> > with a blue line at the bottom. Tried replacing graphic card and

keyboard
> > and removing all PCI cards.
> >
> > So now Im running at 1000MHz and cant access bios to increase the speed.
> > But windows starts OK anyway.
> >
> > Is the board faulty or is there a "secret key"
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > /J

TomG

glad you got it solved.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"JoJo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jW_ab.29374$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> Have to thank you all, it was the proc fan speed, the rpm was too slow.
> I installed motherboard monitor and saw that fan speed was 300 000rpm

!!!!!