Killing Outlook and Exchange

Warrick FitzGerald

Hi Guys,

I've just finished moving all my users onto a production Mandrake mail
server running Cyrus-IMAP and Postfix. It working like a bomb, and I've
managed to convince most of the users to start using Thunderbird.

So .. no more Exchange and no more Outlook ... Thank goodness ...

Problem is that Thunderbirds calendar feature is not ready yet, and
everyone has come to rely on the outlook notifications to get to their
meetings on time. So you know what happening now of course ...
everyone's missing meeting and it my fault Greeatt

I'm desperately looking for an alternative for a Calendar solution that
works ... I'm open to ideas.

Thanks
Warrick

Wes Newell

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:40:47 +0000, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> Problem is that Thunderbirds calendar feature is not ready yet, and
> everyone has come to rely on the outlook notifications to get to their
> meetings on time. So you know what happening now of course ... everyone's
> missing meeting and it my fault Greeatt
>
> I'm desperately looking for an alternative for a Calendar solution that
> works ... I'm open to ideas.

You're in the wrong NG. This is for the Thunbird core Athlon CPU, not the
software.

But you could switch the clients to linux and use any of a number of free
apps to do what you want.