Kingston RAM incompatible with ABIT AV8 Third Eye?

Tamaritha

Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G), which
is currently in my computer, the motherboard being an AV8 Third Eye.
(Didn't get a choice of a normal AV8. Ripped the guru clock out.)

The Kingston site does list it as being compatible with the
motherboard, but the BIOS still only recognises half of it! While 1G
isn't too bad to run most programs on Windows XP, I'd like to at least
*see* where I spent my money on.

I've already flashed the BIOS to the latest (28) and cleared the CMOS
using the CCMOS jumpers as directed - but it absolutely insists I only
have 1G of memory.

Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?

Geoff

"Tamaritha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G), which
> is currently in my computer, the motherboard being an AV8 Third Eye.
> (Didn't get a choice of a normal AV8. Ripped the guru clock out.)
>
> The Kingston site does list it as being compatible with the
> motherboard, but the BIOS still only recognises half of it! While 1G
> isn't too bad to run most programs on Windows XP, I'd like to at least
> *see* where I spent my money on.
>
> I've already flashed the BIOS to the latest (28) and cleared the CMOS
> using the CCMOS jumpers as directed - but it absolutely insists I only
> have 1G of memory.
>
> Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
> replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?

KVR400X64C3AK2/1G1GB (512MB 64M x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
did you think it was 1gig x 2 ?

SumGuy

"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46497b0f$0$19248$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tamaritha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G), which
>> is currently in my computer, the motherboard being an AV8 Third Eye.
>> (Didn't get a choice of a normal AV8. Ripped the guru clock out.)
>>
>> The Kingston site does list it as being compatible with the
>> motherboard, but the BIOS still only recognises half of it! While 1G
>> isn't too bad to run most programs on Windows XP, I'd like to at least
>> *see* where I spent my money on.
>>
>> I've already flashed the BIOS to the latest (28) and cleared the CMOS
>> using the CCMOS jumpers as directed - but it absolutely insists I only
>> have 1G of memory.
>>
>> Am I better off trying to search for a generic low-density RAM to
>> replace my Kingston sticks, or is there a way to make it compatible?
>>

> KVR400X64C3AK2/1G1GB (512MB 64M x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
> did you think it was 1gig x 2 ?

He seems to contradict himself.
He begins by saying ;

"Hi, I have Kingston 1GB RAM as a set of two..."

then he complains about the motherboard;

"...but it absolutely insists I only have 1G of memory."

:-?

Can't Get Additional USB Port Headers To Work on AV8 Third Eye Bill Hartman Abit 3 04-22-2005 12:12 AM
AV8 Third Eye - Windows XP power down problem David Cohen Abit 7 03-15-2005 10:25 PM
AV8 vs AV8 3rd eye Jeff Smith Abit 2 01-08-2005 09:11 PM
Epox 8RDA3+ and incompatible Kingston PC3200 Lord AMD Overclocking 3 04-30-2004 01:32 AM
Kingston PC133 256 MiB SD RAM with Abit BH6 1.0 Bud Graziano Abit 2 01-05-2004 12:51 PM