! I KNEW they existed !!!!

Robert E. Watts

Hi Gang !

Finally got ahold ( well, I don't actually have it here yet ) of a 486
Packard Bell in the "designer" Art Deco tower case I have been looking for
for many years.

Which means the Pentium 60/66MHz version I have been looking for *should*
also exist, just like I remember seeing them for sale new in various stores.
I was beginning to doubt that I had really seen them, but now I'm sure I was
correct.

Still offering a reward for a Pentium 60/66MHz Socket 4 version.

bobwatts
Home of one of the Worlds Most Awesome Packard Bell collections.

Robert E. Watts

Hi "philo" !

> I own two PB "Deco" machines, both are P1's but not the socket 4 version
>
> the link you listed does *not* show the "Deco" variety machine...but the
> plain rectangular case version

Ah, it seems we have a "difference" in terminology.

I have always referred ( and I thought others did also ) to the case in the
eBay auction as the "Art Deco" style of case. The one you are referring to
as the plain rectangular case.

I'm wondering if you are referring to the "designer" case as the "Art Deco"
case ? The one with the "extensions" on the bottom of the case ?

I was going to add a link to Rays Packard Bell site, but it's either
temporarily unavailable, or gone. I *think* he used the same terms I do.

Maybe it will start working:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/

In any event, I finally found a "modern" Packard Bell case with 486. Still
looking for the Socket 4 P60/66MHz version. Now I'm sure they exist.

--
bobwatts

Watts Carburetion Service
WhizzBang Computers
" collector of Asian transfat plastic trinkets ! "

Ben Myers

philo wrote:
> Robert E. Watts wrote:
>> Hi "philo" !
>>
>> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>> I own two PB "Deco" machines, both are P1's but not the socket 4
>>> version
>>>
>>> the link you listed does *not* show the "Deco" variety machine...but
>>> the plain rectangular case version

>> Ah, it seems we have a "difference" in terminology.
>>
>> I have always referred ( and I thought others did also ) to the case
>> in the eBay auction as the "Art Deco" style of case. The one you are
>> referring to as the plain rectangular case.
>>
>> I'm wondering if you are referring to the "designer" case as the "Art
>> Deco" case ? The one with the "extensions" on the bottom of the case ?
>>
>> I was going to add a link to Rays Packard Bell site, but it's either
>> temporarily unavailable, or gone. I *think* he used the same terms I do.
>>
>> Maybe it will start working:
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/
>>
>> In any event, I finally found a "modern" Packard Bell case with 486.
>> Still looking for the Socket 4 P60/66MHz version. Now I'm sure they
>> exist.
>>

> Yeah I Googled a bit before I posted and it looks like the info out
> there is getting pretty scarce. The ones I have do have the "extentions"
> on the bottom and I thought that was the one considered the "art deco"
> model.
>
> Anyway, they are the only win95 machines I've ever encountered that
> actually have working USB

Actually, Windows 95B and 95C both had USB support, and any computer
with more than half-baked USB hardware usually would have pretty
functional USB devices. Some of the really early systems with USB were
the later Pentium ones, mostly Socket 7, as I recall, and probably with
the Intel VX or HX chipset... Ben Myers

ss454_@hotmail.com

Hi Bob !!

Congrats on the great find!!!!!! OK......... From one
collector to another,........... Don't forget, you will need to get a
PB Synera or Spectria All in One to complete the collection. Will
that complete it ?? Happy hunting.

: )

Bill

Robert E. Watts

Hi Bill !

When the 486 PB arrived at work today ( I have stuff shipped there
sometimes ), I was discussing your and my collection with someone ( who's
eyes were glazing over with dis-interest ), and I mentioned that you have
the Spectria All-in-One, and my "collection" won't be complete without it.

That and the elusive Pentium 60/66Mhz tower......... sigh.

Amazingly enough, just today at work, a package was waiting for me from an
old customer. Inside was a 3X3 Packard Bell 486 machine in perfect
condition, complete with all original software, (Win 95 !!!! ) books, sales
receipt, and what can only be described as a "window sticker" describing the
contents of the computer !!!!!!!!!!

Christmas in July !

Can't wait to load Navigator........

I'll probably use the software I got today on the 486 tower. WooHoo.

bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...