KT-748 Question

David

I installed a KT-748 with a AMD 3000 chip, 512 meg of DDR memory, and
when I start the computer, I get a red led light that appears between
the memory area and the chip socket. I looked in the manual, but I
can not see any ref. to this light or what it means.

Also, I can not get the computer get as far as the bios so I can not
see any issue.

Any ideas on how to determine the issue, eg. bad processor, etcc?

This is my first FIC board and I am wishing I had gotten another ABIT!

Alex Zorrilla

I am not sure about the KT-748, but there are some motherboards that have
an LED to show that the motherboard is getting power, and that you should
not change components when this light is on. It could be that this is
what this red light is for, but that is just a guess.

No beeps or anything? I guess the hard drive and fans spin up, or you
would have mentioned that. Strip down to the bare minimum: motherboard,
CPU, RAM, graphics card, power supply. Disconnect connect anything
unnecessary: keyboard, mouse, hard/floppy/CD-ROM drives, USB headers
connected to the case, etc. Also make sure the CPU and RAM are well
seated.

--Alex

David wrote:

> I installed a KT-748 with a AMD 3000 chip, 512 meg of DDR memory, and
> when I start the computer, I get a red led light that appears between
> the memory area and the chip socket. I looked in the manual, but I
> can not see any ref. to this light or what it means.
>
> Also, I can not get the computer get as far as the bios so I can not
> see any issue.
>
> Any ideas on how to determine the issue, eg. bad processor, etcc?
>
> This is my first FIC board and I am wishing I had gotten another ABIT!

farmuse

reset CMOS for new install ; dont blame the company when its most
likely you. the light is to tell you the motherboard has power. do NOT
remove or add any devices , ram, or cpu when this light is on. unplug
power before adding anything, or reseting the CMOS