KT3V won't boot at 166 FSB

Bodine

I upgraded my system to an Athalon 64 X2, so I handed down my XP2800
processor to my son's machine. His has been running fine with an
XP1800 with the stock FSB setting of 133. I made sure the latest bios
(1.9) was installed, installed the chip, then bumped the FSB to 166
and rebooted. NOTHING... Wouldn't even get to the BIOS screen. Had to
reset the bios with the jumper, checked to confirm that it would boot
at 133 FSB (shows as XP2200), and confirmed that the temp was ok (39
cel). Every time I try to bump the FSB over 133, it won't boot. Any
suggestions? The processor ran fine in my old machine.

Philburg2

make sure the ram timings are also appropriate, and you probably have to
adjust the multiplier. do some quick math of 166xwhat=standard clock speed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...