KT600 DRAGON ULTRA PLATINUM EDITION

Doc Krsmith

I have KT600 DRAGON ULTRA PLATINUM EDITION motherboard. I have Charter
cable installed on my M/B Ethernet controller and add a second PCI
Ethernet controller that connects to my home LAN.

The problem is when I go into standby mode the LAN drops out and the
other computers can not access the internet or printers tied to my cpu.

Is there a setting in the BIOS that 1. will not drop the LAN in standby
or 2. Wake up the LAN when in standby, by accessing it.??????

Thank You,

Ken S

Greg Meyer

Doc Krsmith wrote:

> I have KT600 DRAGON ULTRA PLATINUM EDITION motherboard. I have Charter
> cable installed on my M/B Ethernet controller and add a second PCI
> Ethernet controller that connects to my home LAN.
>
> The problem is when I go into standby mode the LAN drops out and the
> other computers can not access the internet or printers tied to my cpu.
>
> Is there a setting in the BIOS that 1. will not drop the LAN in standby
> or 2. Wake up the LAN when in standby, by accessing it.??????

The LAN does not have a straight through connection from the pci card to the
MB nic to the modem. When sharing an Internet connection, your computer is
actually doing network address translation (NAT) which requires your CPU.
In order to share your internet connection in this way, your machine must
be on. If you want to be able to turn your machine off and still have
others on the LAN get Internet access, you should buy a broadband router.
--
Regards