ed jurewicz

I purchased a soyo sy-kt600 dragon Plus ver2 for my son for christmas and
had problmes from the get go. After suffering a series of intermittant
shutdowns and loss of all usb functions, I finally shipped it to soyo for
replacement. After receiving the replacement, I rebuilt the system w amd
xp3000, memorex dvd, adaptec 1200, 1 wd 80g, 2 wd 100g, ati 9600 agp. I also
replced the old power supply with an antec smartpower 350w. The machine now
functions but I am getting intermittant hesitations or stuttering. with.
both. audio and video. Also my son tells me that the system periodically
when he plays games (half life, doom, etc ) the board will shut-down and
reboot. I am currently running win xp with all service packs and patches up
to date .

Any suggestions on addressing these issues or did I just simply get a bad
board. Also was there ever a legitimate manual for this board. All I have
able to find was the abbreviated set-up giude.

Thanx in advance.

thestraightener

Sounds like it might be running to hot.

"ed jurewicz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I purchased a soyo sy-kt600 dragon Plus ver2 for my son for christmas and
>had problmes from the get go. After suffering a series of intermittant
>shutdowns and loss of all usb functions, I finally shipped it to soyo for
>replacement. After receiving the replacement, I rebuilt the system w amd
>xp3000, memorex dvd, adaptec 1200, 1 wd 80g, 2 wd 100g, ati 9600 agp. I
>also replced the old power supply with an antec smartpower 350w. The
>machine now functions but I am getting intermittant hesitations or
>stuttering. with. both. audio and video. Also my son tells me that the
>system periodically when he plays games (half life, doom, etc ) the board
>will shut-down and reboot. I am currently running win xp with all service
>packs and patches up to date .
>
> Any suggestions on addressing these issues or did I just simply get a bad
> board. Also was there ever a legitimate manual for this board. All I have
> able to find was the abbreviated set-up giude.
>
> Thanx in advance.

Matt

ed jurewicz wrote:
> I purchased a soyo sy-kt600 dragon Plus ver2 for my son for christmas and
> had problmes from the get go. After suffering a series of intermittant
> shutdowns and loss of all usb functions, I finally shipped it to soyo for
> replacement. After receiving the replacement, I rebuilt the system w amd
> xp3000, memorex dvd, adaptec 1200, 1 wd 80g, 2 wd 100g, ati 9600 agp. I also
> replced the old power supply with an antec smartpower 350w. The machine now
> functions but I am getting intermittant hesitations or stuttering. with.
> both. audio and video. Also my son tells me that the system periodically
> when he plays games (half life, doom, etc ) the board will shut-down and
> reboot. I am currently running win xp with all service packs and patches up
> to date .
>
> Any suggestions on addressing these issues or did I just simply get a bad
> board. Also was there ever a legitimate manual for this board. All I have
> able to find was the abbreviated set-up giude.
>
> Thanx in advance.

Check the forums regarding sound problems for your board. I had sound
problems (yes, I think what might be called stuttering) with my kt600
platinum and so put in a cheap soundcard. I would start from the ground
up with PSU, mobo, cpu, ram, and video, no case, and some ram
diagnostics. I would first suspect the heatsink, video card, and ram.
Do some swapping.

ed jurewicz

I have pretty much swapped out everything except the cpu and memory--new
power supply, graphics cards, hard drives. I also recently reinstalled all
drivers and reseated all components.

Although I have not been monitoring tempratures continually the problems do
not seem to be heat related. Next step is to start over with the minimal
components and see if I can isolate the problem that way.

I am beginning to think, though, soyo stuck me with another defective
board. What can you expect with a "free after rebate" motherboard when the
the rebates aren't rebated.

Thanx for the recommendations and asssistance.

ed

news:lrYze.487$(E-Mail Removed)...

KV7 VIA KT600 Paul Abit 2 01-05-2005 10:59 PM
Difference between Dragon Plus kt600 to Dragon Plus kt600 v1.0 Brian Soyo 0 01-26-2004 05:39 AM
KT600 Mobo wont recognise the CDROM...please help Harry Asus 8 12-05-2003 12:11 PM
Do I buy a A7V8X-X or a KT600 Motherboard? Asus 4 11-26-2003 03:29 PM
Abit does KT600 Chad Pierce Abit 3 07-12-2003 05:14 AM