KT7A- Which drivers in what order when doing a WinXP clean install?

BGC

Hi,
I'm having to rebuild a system my parents use that I put together from
parts left over when I last upgraded my own system.
The mobo is the KT7A, vid card is Nvidia of some sort, also has a sound card
and a Linksys Wireless G wifi card installed.

I need to know which drivers I need to install and in what order. The Abit
website lists Via 4in1 and a USB driver for this board. I will have to get
the wireless card working before I can begin to download all the windows
updates etc.

Also when installing the Via drivers, are there any specific settings I need
to change from the defaults?

Thanks,
BGC

Kent_Diego

It has been my experience that WinXP has almost all the drivers already.
Just do the install and see what has a yellow ! afterward. It is likely the
WiFi card will not have driver so get that before hand. Once you have
internet, Windows Update will get newest drivers. Right click in Device
Manager on yellow ! devices and look for new drivers. Try to get the new
Service Pack 3 WinXP disk so you will have more newer drivers available at
install.

Dex

Load the 4in1 drivers first

cheers,
Dex

Kent_Diego wrote:
> It has been my experience that WinXP has almost all the drivers already.
> Just do the install and see what has a yellow ! afterward. It is likely
> the WiFi card will not have driver so get that before hand. Once you
> have internet, Windows Update will get newest drivers. Right click in
> Device Manager on yellow ! devices and look for new drivers. Try to get
> the new Service Pack 3 WinXP disk so you will have more newer drivers
> available at install.

BGC

Thanks for the replies.

I got the 4in1 drivers directly from the VIA site. I had to leave it for a
while when windows finished loading from the CD, when I came back I
accidentally loaded the linksys wifi card software before loading the 4in1
drivers. The system seems to be working fine so I'm not going to start
over for that misstep. I was already on my 3rd attempt to get it working
after deciding that an old sound card's drivers were the cause of previous
problems. I removed the sound card and all went smoothly, despite loading
the wifi before 4in1.

BGC
"Dex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4a45e9dc$0$2581$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Load the 4in1 drivers first
>
> cheers,
> Dex
>

> Kent_Diego wrote:
>> It has been my experience that WinXP has almost all the drivers already.
>> Just do the install and see what has a yellow ! afterward. It is likely
>> the WiFi card will not have driver so get that before hand. Once you
>> have internet, Windows Update will get newest drivers. Right click in
>> Device Manager on yellow ! devices and look for new drivers. Try to get
>> the new Service Pack 3 WinXP disk so you will have more newer drivers
>> available at install.

Dex

The 4in1 drivers aren't needed for the network card, so there shouldn't
be any problems. The 4in1's are for the motherboard chipset which
includes AGP video.

cheers,
Dex