KT880 Dragon 2 v2 Game Problem

Fred-Fred

Can't get Call of Duty to run on this new MBO & CPU.
It locks up when it loads the game, opening screens run fine.

OS: WIN XP Pro Service Pack 2 all currant updates.
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard Name Soyo KT880 DRAGON 2 v2.0

AMD Althon XP 3200
Memory 1 gig or ram total 2 512 mb sticks of OCZ SDRAM (spec. below)

DIMM1: OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
DIMM3: OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
Memory Module Properties
Module Name OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K
Serial Number None
Module Size 512 MB (2 ranks, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings
@ 200 MHz 2.5-4-4-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Video Card

Video Adapter Properties
Device Description NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Adapter String GeForce FX 5200
BIOS String Version 4.34.20.69.01
Chip Type GeForce FX 5200
DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.7184 - nVIDIA ForceWare 71.84)
Memory Size 256 MB

I Installed the 1.5 patch from Activision NO differance

Tried older and newest NVIDIA Drivers NO difference

Tried two 512mb sticks of Corsair PC3200 NO difference
Tried a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128mb video card NO difference
The game runs fine on the PC I got these parts out of.

Talked to SOYO and they told me to up the memory voltage a step at a time.
APG slot voltage.
And adjust the Memory timings, so one at a time I adjusted these settings.
NO Difference

When the game locks up, in Task Manager the CPU usage stays at 100% until I
end the game program from the applications tab.

Any one else have this problem? The PC run's great otherwise.
It seam to have a problem with Graphic Accelerated games.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Fred Kenngott

Email (E-Mail Removed)

Computer System Summary

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name FREDSGAMER
User Name Fred

Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+
Motherboard Name Soyo KT880 DRAGON 2 v2.0 (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 4 DDR DIMM,
Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset VIA Apollo KT880
System Memory 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (10/10/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Monitor SCEPTRE X7SV-Naga [NoDB] (1333980)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller VIA SATA RAID Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive IOMEGA ZIP 100
Disk Drive Maxtor 6 L300S0 SCSI Disk Device (300 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Disk Drive Maxtor 6 Y160P0 USB Device (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
Disk Drive Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device
Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y080P0 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU-710A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:16x/4x,
DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU1613 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
F: (NTFS) 60000 MB (37353 MB free)
G: (NTFS) 226172 MB (174849 MB free)
H: (NTFS) 39087 MB (9562 MB free)
I: (NTFS) 39064 MB (5065 MB free)
P: (NTFS) 156327 MB (27932 MB free)
Total Size 508.4 GB (248.8 GB free)

Input
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network
Network Adapter VIA Networking Velocity-Family Giga-bit Ethernet Adapter
(192.168.1.8)

Peripherals
Printer \\VIDEOEDITOR\Canon i560
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
Printer Panasonic KX-P7100
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device EPSON Perfection1650
USB Device Generic USB Hub
USB Device Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
USB Device Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
USB Device Logitech USB Camera (Pro 4000)
USB Device Panasonic Printer
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

uddarts

"" wrote:
> [...]
> Keyboard
> Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
>
> Network
> Network Adapter VIA Networking Velocity-Family Giga-bit
> Ethernet Adapter
> (192.168.1.8)
>
> Peripherals
> Printer \VIDEOEDITORCanon i560
> Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
> Printer Panasonic KX-P7100
> USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
> USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
> USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
> USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
> USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
> USB Device EPSON Perfection1650
> USB Device Generic USB Hub
> USB Device Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
> USB Device Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
> USB Device Logitech USB Camera (Pro 4000)

iím not a gamer so i donít know if i can help much but check your
memory and cpu stabilty.

iíd use memory86 to test your memory. run it overnite and check for
errors. if some show up it might be fixable by raise the dimm voltage
or timings. i donít think it will be a bad stick because you have the
same problem with both brands.

http://www.memtest86.com/

if all checks out ok then run prime95 to test cpu and memory. under
options/torture test/blend. watch your temps but donít be suprised to
see numbers in the 50s. running this overnite is also a good idea. as
long as your not overclocking that should be good enough.

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

if this is ok then it back to trouble shooting drivers and the such.

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/KT880-...pict64002.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=321958

SY-KT880 Dragon 2 Question(s) Doug Turner Soyo 0 03-02-2005 04:22 PM
New bios for KT880 dragon 2 Frank Soyo 2 09-30-2004 06:51 AM
Soyo KT880 Dragon 2 & XP 3200 Settings Kevin Journey Soyo 0 09-19-2004 04:16 PM
SY-KT880 Dragon 2 Power Up Problem Me Soyo 5 08-17-2004 01:36 PM
New KT880 Dragon 2 Frank Howell Soyo 1 06-22-2004 11:29 AM