Kudos to Epox

tim

I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
the bulging caps.

They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.

2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!

Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
motherboard.

Well done Epox!

tim

Bryan Thorp

I also recently sent in my 8KHA+ motherboard for the leaking caps issue. I
noticed the caps bulging last fall, and when I did my WinXP SP2 upgrade
earlier this year, I - coincidently - started getting spontaneous reboots.
At the time, I couldn't reconcile whether it was my m/b or WinXp... So, I
did a clean install of WinXP but the spontaneous reboots didn't go away, so
I figured it was the m/b that was the source of that problem.

EPoX offered an RMA on this 3.5+ year old board (waaaaay out of warranty!)
for a nominal $20 US. I received it back in about 2 weeks also, and put it
all back together and it booted up fine from the get-go. I was very
impressed with the service and support. I will certainly weight that
heavily when I build my next machine. (I currently have 2 EPoX m/bs).

bryan

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:44:11 GMT, tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
>fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
>caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
>perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
>the bulging caps.
>
>They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
>out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
>the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
>leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
>
>2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
>my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
>
>Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
>be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
>motherboard.
>
>Well done Epox!
>
>tim

Linda

tim wrote:

> I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
> fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
> caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
> perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
> the bulging caps.
>
> They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
> out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
> the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
> leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
>
> 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
> my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
>
> Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
> be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
> motherboard.
>
> Well done Epox!
>
> tim

I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
excellent support. EPOX has my vote

MHz Tweaker

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:18:06 GMT, Linda <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>tim wrote:
>
>> I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
>> fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
>> caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
>> perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
>> the bulging caps.
>>
>> They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
>> out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
>> the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
>> leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
>>
>> 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
>> my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
>>
>> Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
>> be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
>> motherboard.
>>
>> Well done Epox!
>>
>> tim
>>

>I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
>same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
>excellent support. EPOX has my vote

I wish I could say the same about Soyo.... they don't seem to give a
Sh$% and Tiger Direct is even WORSE!!!!! Soyo actually wants me to
both pay for shipping there and enclose a check to pay for shipping
back to me for a KT880 Dragon 2 (Socket A) board I bought just before
Xmas in 2005. The damn board was plagued with problems from the
get-go.

Lesson 1 - Never buy the used refurbished junk from Tiger Direct
(anything they sell)
Lesson 2 - Stay Away from Soyo motherboards
Lesson 3 - Do your homework and don't buy on impulse

Andy H

"Linda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iur0g.7786$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> tim wrote:
>
>> I purchased an Epox 8K3A some years ago and it worked flawlessly. Last
>> fall while cleaning dust out of the inside I noticed some bulging
>> caps. Knowing the board was at least one year out of warranty and
>> perhaps two, I non the less sent a query to Epox about the board and
>> the bulging caps.
>>
>> They issued me an RMA 2 days later but as I couldn't take the machine
>> out of service, I never returned it. Fast forward to this summer and
>> the board is now crashing. I open it up and the bulging caps are now
>> leaking caps. Another query to Epox resulted in another RMA approval.
>>
>> 2 weeks after sending the board out, I receive it back yesterday. Not
>> my board but a new replacement. For a board that was out of warranty!
>>
>> Epox has proven to me that they care about their customers, and I'll
>> be sure to recommend their products to anybody looking for a
>> motherboard.
>>
>> Well done Epox!
>>
>> tim
>>

> I fully concur. I had a simuliar situation and was assisted in much the
> same manner. I would express my loyalty to Epox thanks mostly to their
> excellent support. EPOX has my vote

In a similar vein, I've just built up a pc for my daughter out of a defunct
Integral digital video recorder (Got 10 of these @ 950 each and three years
old - don't go there...) anyhow the board (Ep-4PGMI) has been a peach to set
up, currently running a non supported 2.6Ghz Celeron @ 2.9 and rising and
surprised the crap out of me by running a (unknown to me) dual colour led @
standby which the original OEM inhabitant of said case never did.

Tech support answered my cpu query within 12 hrs...Something Asus, Abit and
MSI never did (reply that is!).

Epox will definitely be on my future mainboard list for sure.

No Kudos to Epox UK Andy Epox 1 10-13-2005 12:47 AM
Kudos to Epox - and a Problem Arthur Shapiro Epox 0 10-06-2005 04:59 PM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ success using AMD 64 3500+ , KUDOS to AMD, ASUS and NVIDIA happy camper Asus 1 06-11-2005 09:58 AM
Kudos to Abit Howard Nelson Abit 5 07-10-2004 06:12 PM
More Kudos to Dell Frank K. Dell 9 04-09-2004 02:54 AM