L7VMM-1 USB Pins

redTed

This one's a bit tricky I'm afraid.
I'm putting a PC into a new case for a friend and the front panel USB
ports(2 of) have different leads to the previous case.

The new ones are marked as follows..

Power (purple)
Power (black)
Gnd (orange)
Gnd (yellow)
D2+ (red)
D2- (brown)
D3+ (green)
D3- (blue)

I know a couple are obvious but I want to make sure I get this right.
How do these relate to the inputs on the mobo pictured here..
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fatclyde/usb_2.jpg ?

Thanks for any advice.

PJx

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:43:43 -0000, "redTed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>This one's a bit tricky I'm afraid.
>I'm putting a PC into a new case for a friend and the front panel USB
>ports(2 of) have different leads to the previous case.
>
>The new ones are marked as follows..
>
>Power (purple)
>Power (black)
>Gnd (orange)
>Gnd (yellow)
>D2+ (red)
>D2- (brown)
>D3+ (green)
>D3- (blue)
>
>I know a couple are obvious but I want to make sure I get this right.
>How do these relate to the inputs on the mobo pictured here..
>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fatclyde/usb_2.jpg ?
>
>Thanks for any advice.

After hooking up several of these, it becomes pretty standard that
you have 4 pins with power on one end and ground on the other. Next
to power end is the low side of signal and next to ground end is high
side of signal. Sometimes you have to use a digital mete with power
on to determine which end is which as the guys that write the books do
not do a very good job.
Be alert that all of the ready built cables I have seen have the hot
side with a red stripe on it. I'm used to red stripes indicating pin
1 of an eide cable so that one threw me at first.

Your D2 is one usb connector and D3 is the other. power and grounds
on the ends of each. The purple and black should have a red stripe.

PJ

Re: how to make 5V tolerant pins out of 3.3V tolerant pins? Stonethrower Embedded 0 10-27-2008 08:31 PM
msp430 LCD segment pins sharing with I/O Pins Rohan Embedded 1 04-26-2007 12:23 PM
msp430 LCD segment pins sharing with I/O Pins Rohan Embedded 0 04-26-2007 09:58 AM
USB Pins...again Howard Gigabyte 0 10-27-2003 04:54 PM
Identify USB pins on MX64 Tom Young AOpen 1 09-03-2003 01:58 PM