LAN Port is not picking up IP Address

rao5538@gmail.com

Hello Every one,
I have a Thinkpad T60, brand new (less than six months old) with a
strange problem.
1- When I undock the thinkpad and try to use the LAN card, with a
Cable, I do not get an IP address.
2-When the unit is docked I am able to contact a DHCP server and get
an IP address and DNS server address etc without a problem, using the
wired LAN interface.
3-The wireless works fine, but right now I ned to get my LAN card
working, with a statically configured IP address. I went to the
control panle and put in a static IP address with a gateway and subnet
info. But when i issue ipconfig /all, I do not even see the IP address
configured. The green Link light is on, so I am wondering if there is
soemthing else i need to do.

Any suggestions, will be gratefully accepted.
Thank you

Anthony R. Gold

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 04:35:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Any suggestions, will be gratefully accepted.

It sounds like you understand how to configure a LAN network adapter but
the one built into your T60 is not operating correctly.

Did this interface ever work or is this your first attempt to use it?

In Device Manager, right click on that network adapter and ensure it is
both enabled and in properties/general claims to be working properly.

If that did not show you any obvious issues you might then uninstall the
adapter and then allow it to become reinstalled (by rebooting or a
right-click on Network Adapters and choosing scan for hardware changes).

Last DIY hope may be to inspect the RJ45 socket for any obvious signs of
damage or deformation to the 8 contacts.

After that is will be a call to Lenovo for service. But they might insist
on a reinstall of the operating system before agreeing to accept it for
hardware repair. It is always nice to keep a spare drive containing a
fresh OS install for such eventualities.

Tony

rao5538@gmail.com

Tony,
Thank you very much let me try those options and see what happens.
Thanks
Rao