What languages are supported in handwriting with Office 2003

Dean

If I have the following configuration setup, what languages are
supported in handwriting?

A tablet PC that has English version of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
(OS)
English version of Office 2003
Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) for French and
Germany.

Can French and Germany handwritings be recognized by Office 2003
applications such as Word 2003? If they can, that will be great. If
they can't, what other options?

Thanks,

Chris H.

Office 2003 doesn't automatically recognize handwriting, Dean. That's a
function of the Tablet PC Edition itself, and the Tablet recognizer engine.
However, Word can detect 21 different languages for spelling and grammar in
text. The Office MUI information is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/...h14/IntB01.htm

The add-on Tablet PC Recognizer Pack available for free includes -
Handwriting recognizers: U.K. English, U.S. English, French, German, Spanish
(International Sort), Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional
Chinese, along with Speech recognizers: English, Japanese, Simplified
Chinese and Traditional Chinese are available with the Pack from

Please note: The current recognizer pack must be installed BEFORE you
install the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with the Tablet PC Edition 2005.
Microsoft has said they're working on a newer version, but have not
announced the contents or a release date at this point.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> If I have the following configuration setup, what languages are
> supported in handwriting?
>
> . A tablet PC that has English version of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
> (OS)
> . English version of Office 2003
> . Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) for French and
> Germany.
>
> Can French and Germany handwritings be recognized by Office 2003
> applications such as Word 2003? If they can, that will be great. If
> they can't, what other options?
>
> Thanks,

Chris, I'm not suspecting you here. But can you pleaseprovide the link to
that information. I'm excited here as I'm looking forward to improved
support for East Asian language input that is, handwriting recognizers for
Chinese, so I can write in Journal or OneNote without the need of the TIP.
: )

Chris H.

To what information, Eric? I provided two links in the previous message.
Also, could you please quote at least the pertinent part of the message to
which you're responding? It makes it much easier to figure out what you're
talking about without going back and reviewing messages.
--

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris, I'm not suspecting you here. But can you pleaseprovide the link to
> that information. I'm excited here as I'm looking forward to improved
> support for East Asian language input that is, handwriting recognizers for
> Chinese, so I can write in Journal or OneNote without the need of the TIP.
> : )

"It makes it much easier to figure out what you're talking about without
going back and reviewing messages."

Sorry, I hope this style, which is my original style back two years ago,
would be easier to follow. I've seen others that have 10 or so replies with
trimming out old content that made the post very hard to read. : )

Anyways, I was referring to the new release of the Recognizer Pack. Is there
a page for that product on the Microsoft site? So far I've done some
searches on the Microsoft Home Page but unable to locate it.

Thanks anyway. : )

Chris H.

No, Microsoft hasn't announced it yet, Eric. And I have heard nothing of
what the contents will be, although I do know there is a new pack coming.
When, I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to have the pack with a
requirement of installing before XP SP2 or else it breaks. Remember, OEMs
have SP2 already, so new machines coming out soon will have the full XP SP2
on them.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "It makes it much easier to figure out what you're talking about without
> going back and reviewing messages."
>
> Sorry, I hope this style, which is my original style back two years ago,
> would be easier to follow. I've seen others that have 10 or so replies
> with trimming out old content that made the post very hard to read. : )
>
> Anyways, I was referring to the new release of the Recognizer Pack. Is
> there a page for that product on the Microsoft site? So far I've done some
> searches on the Microsoft Home Page but unable to locate it.
>
> Thanks anyway. : )

Dean

Thanks Chris. That helps a lot.

"Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Office 2003 doesn't automatically recognize handwriting, Dean. That's a
> function of the Tablet PC Edition itself, and the Tablet recognizer engine.
> However, Word can detect 21 different languages for spelling and grammar in
> text. The Office MUI information is here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/...h14/IntB01.htm
>
> The add-on Tablet PC Recognizer Pack available for free includes -
> Handwriting recognizers: U.K. English, U.S. English, French, German, Spanish
> (International Sort), Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional
> Chinese, along with Speech recognizers: English, Japanese, Simplified
> Chinese and Traditional Chinese are available with the Pack from
>
> Please note: The current recognizer pack must be installed BEFORE you
> install the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 with the Tablet PC Edition 2005.
> Microsoft has said they're working on a newer version, but have not
> announced the contents or a release date at this point.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > If I have the following configuration setup, what languages are
> > supported in handwriting?
> >
> > . A tablet PC that has English version of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
> > (OS)
> > . English version of Office 2003
> > . Office 2003 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) for French and
> > Germany.
> >
> > Can French and Germany handwritings be recognized by Office 2003
> > applications such as Word 2003? If they can, that will be great. If
> > they can't, what other options?
> >
> > Thanks,

Chris H.

Hope you get everything functioning the way you want, Dean.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert