Languages supported for handwriting recognition inVista

Marcio Bastos

Does anybody knows which will be the languages with support to handwriting
recognition in Vista?

Paul Smith

"Marcio Bastos" <Marcio (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody knows which will be the languages with support to handwriting
> recognition in Vista?

From MVP Terri Stratton's site http://thetabletpc.net/faqs.htm :

"Windows XP Tablet PC Edition can be used with US English, Japanese, German,
French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Korean languages of Tablet
PC Edition version 1. [...]

Microsoft has announced that its Recognition Pack for the following is
available. Handwriting recognizers included are U.K. English, U.S. English,
French, German, Spanish (International Sort), Japanese, Korean, Simplified
Chinese, Traditional Chinese."

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

terri

Marcio, I haven't seen the official announcment for the languages supported
under Vista. As soon as I get any word, I'll post it.

Hopefully there won't be less than there are now for XP and even more will
be added.
--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Featured Community

"Marcio Bastos" <Marcio (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody knows which will be the languages with support to handwriting
> recognition in Vista?

Paul Smith

"terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Marcio, I haven't seen the official announcment for the languages
> supported under Vista. As soon as I get any word, I'll post it.
>
> Hopefully there won't be less than there are now for XP and even more will
> be added.

Hmm I seem to remember reading the first release of Vista wouldn't add any
additional languages... Typically can't find the source now though....

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

terri

Very possible, Paul, however not all the Tablet XP languages were available
at the start, either.
--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Featured Community