Laptop only starts sometimes and sometimes not

WHiTY

Hey!

I got a problem with my Asus F3Jm Notebook. Sometimes it starts as
normal as everytime and sometimes it did not start. Iam pressing the
Power-Button on the top right corner and the LED above blinks one time
and the LED with the light bulb at the bottom below the touch pad
lights (no blinking) and tells me that the notebook is powered on, but
NO screen appears no hard disk works, nothing, only the LED below the
touch pad is lighten on and nothing else.
ive tested to disconnect the Akku already and with only akku or only
AC-Power.
Nothing is working.

Does anybody know which problem this is? Because, sometimes the Laptop
is working fine for days and sometimes not!?

Need help, thanks!

Quaoar

WHiTY wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I got a problem with my Asus F3Jm Notebook. Sometimes it starts as
> normal as everytime and sometimes it did not start. Iam pressing the
> Power-Button on the top right corner and the LED above blinks one time
> and the LED with the light bulb at the bottom below the touch pad
> lights (no blinking) and tells me that the notebook is powered on, but
> NO screen appears no hard disk works, nothing, only the LED below the
> touch pad is lighten on and nothing else.
> ive tested to disconnect the Akku already and with only akku or only
> AC-Power.
> Nothing is working.
>
> Does anybody know which problem this is? Because, sometimes the Laptop
> is working fine for days and sometimes not!?
>
> Need help, thanks!

It might be a failed capacitor on the starting circuit connected to the
power button. If so, it is not a user repair, but a mainboard replacement.