laptop power circuits

jmor

Want circuit diagrams for HP Pavilion ZE5730us motherboard power
circuitry. Trying to determine why power will come on for 5 seconds,
then turn off. It does produce 5volts from the supply, either with or
without the 16volt battery, so I suspect power control circuitry.
Since power on switch is a momentary contact push button, I'm focusing
on the latching circuits in the power control chain and wish to
identify those components. Any HP schematics in this are might be
helpful.

Ben Myers

Good luck. Service manuals are not widely available for HPaq laptops, let alone
schematics, which are off in a Pacific Rim country somewhere, not even on HP
premises. Your best bet is to try to find a service manual. They can be found,
although HP generally restricts access to service information on its web site.

.... Ben Myers