Laptop problem

Keith

I have an Acer aspire 3610 laptop running xp sp2
My problem is when i put a wired mouse into the usb i keep getting programms
popping up, it can be anything like email, the calculator, notepad, the
laptop will go into standby or even close down.
If i plug in the wireless mouse this doesn't happen but the mouse won't
work.
Can somebody tell me what the problem could be or if something needs
replacing inside the laptop
Many thanks
Keith

HH

Several mice or have you only tried one wired mouse?

HH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...