LaserJet 4000 Vista Driver Settings?

Nigel Molesworth

I want to print a printed circuit board onto transfer film with my LaserJet
4000 printer. I've set it to "Transparency" as this should reduce the fuser
temperature. However, the results are not good.

For a start the printer tries to half-tone the image, so the some areas come
out grey - I need the whole image as black as possible. I would also like to
increase the toner level, but I can't find a setting in the driver.

Any thoughts on this?

--

Nigel M

If I'm discussing apples, please don't suggest bananas

Ben Myers

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
> I want to print a printed circuit board onto transfer film with my LaserJet
> 4000 printer. I've set it to "Transparency" as this should reduce the fuser
> temperature. However, the results are not good.
>
> For a start the printer tries to half-tone the image, so the some areas come
> out grey - I need the whole image as black as possible. I would also like to
> increase the toner level, but I can't find a setting in the driver.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Which driver? PostScript or PCL? I recommend PostScript, but it does
not have a tone control option. 4050 PostScript has various halftone
checkboxes in the driver. I don't use PCL any more. Too unreliable
with Adobe PDFs... Ben Myers

Nigel Molesworth

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 01:19:35 -0500, Ben Myers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Which driver? PostScript or PCL? I recommend PostScript

I've tried both. I've managed to sort out the half-tone problem (the program
has a "make black" option) but I would still like to increase the toner.