Latest BIOs FIC 503+

Toots

My BIOs has never been updated. It is version 1.15JE33. What is the latest
and best update I can get?

Thanks

Toots

Robert Akins

It depends... Do you have an AT power supply or an ATX power supply?
AT power supply- use je4333b2 mod in je4333apm.zip (ask for file- I have it)
ATX power supply- use JE4333, last FIC bios written for 503+ AFAIK,
available at FIC's FTP site. You have same version my 503+ came with. It
has JE4333 in it now.
Robert
"Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhp053$1nfu5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> My BIOs has never been updated. It is version 1.15JE33. What is the

latest
> and best update I can get?
>
> Thanks
>
> Toots

Toots

I have AT Power supply. I would really appreciate it if you would send me
the correct file.

Thanks

Toots
"Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n2Z%a.10175$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It depends... Do you have an AT power supply or an ATX power supply?
> AT power supply- use je4333b2 mod in je4333apm.zip (ask for file- I have

it)
> ATX power supply- use JE4333, last FIC bios written for 503+ AFAIK,
> available at FIC's FTP site. You have same version my 503+ came with. It
> has JE4333 in it now.
> Robert
> "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bhp053$1nfu5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > My BIOs has never been updated. It is version 1.15JE33. What is the

> latest
> > and best update I can get?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Toots

Kyle Brant

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kylesb/je4333apm.zip

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhqsf1$26pn0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
| I have AT Power supply. I would really appreciate it if you would
send me
| the correct file.
|
| Thanks
|
| Toots
| "Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:n2Z%a.10175$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > It depends... Do you have an AT power supply or an ATX power
supply?
| > AT power supply- use je4333b2 mod in je4333apm.zip (ask for file-
I have
| it)
| > ATX power supply- use JE4333, last FIC bios written for 503+
AFAIK,
| > available at FIC's FTP site. You have same version my 503+ came
with. It
| > has JE4333 in it now.
| > Robert
| > "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:bhp053$1nfu5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
| > > My BIOs has never been updated. It is version 1.15JE33. What
is the
| > latest
| > > and best update I can get?
| > >
| > > Thanks
| > >
| > > Toots

Den

"Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bhr35p$2aker$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Thanks Mr. Akins, I downloaded the copy from Kyle Brant.
>
> Mr Akins, would you do me a huge favor. Would you look in your PNP/PCI Conf
> in your BIOS and see if your PNP OS is showing Yes?
>
> Please let me know.

I too have had this as Yes and No, and I never found it to make a difference,
though it has been on the (No) for a year or three.
I cannot myself double check this as I am burning a Linux CD at the moment.

The Manual states;
PNP OS Installed
If your operating system is a Plug-and-Play one, such as Windows 95, select
Yes. The options are: No (Default), Yes.

PS
Above CD burn has completed and BIOS states;
PNP OS Installed: No

Den

Toots

Please do not go to all of that trouble for me. Since you seem so up to
date on everything on the board, thought you were using it daily.

Several people have now said it works Ok either way. But not here.

Thanks anyhow.

Toots
"Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3gi0b.11789$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can do that but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow afternoon. My 503+

is
> sitting in the floor behind me not connected to a monitor, power, etc. I
> can take it out to the bench and fire it up long enough to check, then

I'll
> get back to you. I'm pretty sure it is No (have had it both Yes and No).
> Robert
> "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bhr35p$2aker$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Thanks Mr. Akins, I downloaded the copy from Kyle Brant.
> >
> > Mr Akins, would you do me a huge favor. Would you look in your PNP/PCI

> Conf
> > in your BIOS and see if your PNP OS is showing Yes?
> >
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Toots
> > "Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:n2Z%a.10175$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > It depends... Do you have an AT power supply or an ATX power supply?
> > > AT power supply- use je4333b2 mod in je4333apm.zip (ask for file- I

have
> > it)
> > > ATX power supply- use JE4333, last FIC bios written for 503+ AFAIK,
> > > available at FIC's FTP site. You have same version my 503+ came with.

> It
> > > has JE4333 in it now.
> > > Robert
> > > "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bhp053$1nfu5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

the
> > > latest

Robert Akins

No, unfortunately the upgrade bug bit me after resisting it for about 4
years, and I built an Athlon 2000+ system based on an MSI KT3 Ultra2. The
503+ is sitting around gathering dust until I get around to tidying up the
hard drive and selling it. I still check this NG periodically to see if I
can help out anybody.
Robert
"Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bhtpbq$31hm0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Please do not go to all of that trouble for me. Since you seem so up to
> date on everything on the board, thought you were using it daily.
>
> Several people have now said it works Ok either way. But not here.
>
> Thanks anyhow.
>
> Toots
> "Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3gi0b.11789$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I can do that but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow afternoon. My 503+

> is
> > sitting in the floor behind me not connected to a monitor, power, etc.

> > can take it out to the bench and fire it up long enough to check, then

> I'll
> > get back to you. I'm pretty sure it is No (have had it both Yes and

No).
> > Robert
> > "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bhr35p$2aker$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > Thanks Mr. Akins, I downloaded the copy from Kyle Brant.
> > >
> > > Mr Akins, would you do me a huge favor. Would you look in your

PNP/PCI
> > Conf
> > > in your BIOS and see if your PNP OS is showing Yes?
> > >
> > > Please let me know.
> > >
> > > Toots
> > > "Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:n2Z%a.10175$(E-Mail Removed)...

> have
> > > it)

with.
> > It

> the

Toots

I did the same thing about 2 years ago. I actually put together my system
with the K7S5a board. It gave me fits at first but after a while everything
worked out good.

Am trying to get my 503+ up to par so I can depend on it as a backup. That
is why I want to make it able to use my Cable internet.

I think it is very kind of you to continue to share your expertize with us
unlearned folks.

Now I am thinking of trying a NIC card and abandon the idea of connecting
the modem to the USB.

I flashed the BIOs today and everything seemed to work OK. I was
disappointed that it did not give me the option to backup my old Bios but
guess since it worked all if well.

Thanks again

Toots
"Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Iny0b.19107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, unfortunately the upgrade bug bit me after resisting it for about 4
> years, and I built an Athlon 2000+ system based on an MSI KT3 Ultra2. The
> 503+ is sitting around gathering dust until I get around to tidying up the
> hard drive and selling it. I still check this NG periodically to see if I
> can help out anybody.
> Robert
> "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bhtpbq$31hm0$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Please do not go to all of that trouble for me. Since you seem so up to
> > date on everything on the board, thought you were using it daily.
> >
> > Several people have now said it works Ok either way. But not here.
> >
> > Thanks anyhow.
> >
> > Toots
> > "Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3gi0b.11789$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I can do that but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow afternoon. My

503+
> > is
> > > sitting in the floor behind me not connected to a monitor, power, etc.

> > > can take it out to the bench and fire it up long enough to check, then

> > I'll
> > > get back to you. I'm pretty sure it is No (have had it both Yes and

> No).
> > > Robert
> > > "Toots" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bhr35p$2aker$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> PNP/PCI
> > > Conf

supply?

> > have

AFAIK,

> with.
> > > It

is
> > the

Robert Akins

I think it is actually better to use the NIC for broadband modem connections
because it is easy to install, and it saves one of your USB ports (that is,
if you can use them for other things).
Robert
news:bhudeu$3aar5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...