Latitude D630 with two deskopts being displayed

Eddie Salade

something wigged out on my Latitude D630. It now shows one desktop
display above a duplicate,
or two of the same desktops on my screen. One is above the other.

Same desktop, displayed twice? Tried re-installing OS (trying a Hail
Mary) and it went away, then came back.

Tried flashing bios, again hoping for some miracle. No luck.

Is this an inverter or my graphics chip ? I have photos available

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Eddie Salade wrote:
> something wigged out on my Latitude D630. It now shows one desktop
> display above a duplicate,
> or two of the same desktops on my screen. One is above the other.
>
> Same desktop, displayed twice? Tried re-installing OS (trying a Hail
> Mary) and it went away, then came back.
>
> Tried flashing bios, again hoping for some miracle. No luck.
>
> Is this an inverter or my graphics chip ? I have photos available

Found an external monitor and hook it up and turn it on. Use the hot key
to switch displays or use the display properties. If it looks the same
on the external monitor, then your internal LCD display is just fine.
Then it is probably either the graphic chip or the video driver.

--
Bill

Latitude D630 with two deskopts being displayed Eddie Salade Laptops 0 01-22-2012 05:27 AM
Latitude D630 Justin Dell 2 01-14-2011 11:17 PM
latitude d630 hard disk led broken Andy Fish Laptops 2 08-23-2008 04:21 AM
Latitude D630 handle? Mike Dell 3 02-29-2008 07:06 PM
Anyone else being apparently being spamed by 'Alpha Digital'? Dave Sun Hardware 16 11-19-2007 06:38 PM