Launch nVidia Control Panel from command line?

skydivergm@gmail.com

Hi,

I would very much like to be able to switch my primary and secondary
displays in the swiftest way there is.
Since I didn't come across anything that would do that, my idea is to
launch the display settings control panel myself and send some
keystrokes to check the "make this the primary display" checkbox, etc.

I looked all over and couldn't fine a single reference as to how one
can launch the nView Display Settings control panel dialog box.

Can someone help me, please??

Augustus

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I would very much like to be able to switch my primary and secondary
> displays in the swiftest way there is.
> Since I didn't come across anything that would do that, my idea is to
> launch the display settings control panel myself and send some
> keystrokes to check the "make this the primary display" checkbox, etc.
>
> I looked all over and couldn't fine a single reference as to how one
> can launch the nView Display Settings control panel dialog box.
>
> Can someone help me, please??

What you want is actually quite simple, but it can be done better.
In answer to your first question, simply type "nvcplui.exe" in the Run
command or the Command Prompt window. However, a better solution is to use
UltraMon and create a VBScript or JScript to set hotkeys or switch multiple
monitor settings. It's doable. VBScripts can be run from the command prompt,
but this would actually slow down since you have to open it first. I usually
just keep ones I need in a desktop folder or on the desktop.

SkyDiver

Hi, thanks for your answer.

In the meantime, I found out about nVidia's SDK features that can be
accessed via nvcpl.dll.
Here's a link to the API Manual:
http://download.nvidia.com/developer...lPanel_API.pdf

The way to switch primary displays is using the "setview" command.
In my case (cloning the displays), setview 0 clone AA DA (the full
line is "rundll32 nvcpl.dll,dtcfg setview 0 clone AA DA") would set
the Analog Display as the Primary one, while "setview 0 clone DA AA
would" would set the Digital Display as the primary one.

So I could have written two small batch files - one for setting the
Analog Display as the primary one and another for setting the Digital
Display as the primary one. BUT, having software engineering
background, I managed to write a small C++ program that detects the
primary display (via the NvCplGetMSOrdinalDeviceString() function) and
swaps it with the secondary one.

Me is happy now

BTW, as a small anecdote, I didn't have nvcplui.exe on my PC so I went
and downloaded the new nVidia Drivers..
I used to have a sub menu that said "Analog Display" or "SynchMaster"
when right clicking on the desktop and selecting nVidia Display, but
after installing the new drivers it no longer does that - I need to
launch the nVidia Control Panel to find out.. (why do they go backward
instead of forward??)

Oh well.. Kirk Out.