Subba Rao

Hello,

I am planning to buy a LCD monitor for my computer. Currently I am
looking into 19 inch monitors. There are a lot of LCD monitor
manufacturers now. Until this research point I did not know that Dell
made LCD monitors. My question is, if I buy the LCD monitor will it
work with older PCs. Do LCD monitor (video) technology shift which
makes your computer or monitor unuseable and forced to sell one or the
other?

Which LCD monitors are highly recommended? Which ones should I avoid?

Thank you in advance for any information.
--
SR
(E-Mail Removed)

Silicon Alley Computers

Hi Subba,
Viewsonic, HP, Acer, and many others make quality LCD flat panel
displays. We offer a few on our site. As far as compatibility goes, you
can use the new LCD monitors on VGA HD-15 connections which your system
should have even if it is older. Most monitors have adapters included.
Chech the monitors specs to be sure. I
If you want the best video possible, you will want to take
advantage of the LCD's DVI-D or DVI-I cable when supplied. Most modern
video cards offer both VGA and DVI-I ports if you don't already have a
DVI port currently.

Hope this helps.

Silicon Alley Computers
http://www.siliconalleycomputers.com