"Legacy" Drivers or Original for 9800?

me

I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.

Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
a lot in there.

Opinions wanted

KCB

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
>
> Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
> the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
> driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
> a lot in there.
>
> Opinions wanted

IMHO, if the driver you are using works for whatever you use it, then stick
with it. (If it's not broke, don't fix it.)

Benjamin Gawert

Am 17.05.2010 23:19, * me:
> I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
>
> Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
> the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
> driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
> a lot in there.

I'd go with the latest legacy drivers as new driver updates come out
because of bug fixes and performance improvements, and the drivers that
come with gfx cards are usually ancient.

Benjamin

Need Original Drivers Installation Cd Sounbblaster Live 5.1 Digital Model SB0220 Doggy Soundblaster Live 7 12-23-2005 04:12 AM
BE6 (original) Mass Storage Device Controller farkled JimL Abit 3 02-13-2004 10:37 PM
IC7-G Original ... Puzzle @ndrew Abit 15 01-16-2004 01:32 AM
52.16 drivers and Unreal Tournament(original) SHREDİ Nvidia 4 11-18-2003 05:18 AM
Loking for VA& original BIOS... Monzali Daniele Abit 0 08-07-2003 10:30 AM