Legacy Gateway "Fedora" Board with Tualatin CPU

biddy67@gmail.com

I'm trying to get the Lin Lin adapter to work with a Tualatin
1.4/512/133 cpu on this Gateway
board. I believe the board came from a Gateway Performance 933, I no
longer have the computer itself, just the motherboard. The relevant
part numbers on the board are A19243-204 and 4000622. The board was
called the "Fedora" by Gateway, looks a lot like the Intel "Easton"
board. The Aida program identifies it as a D815EEA, which is the
Easton. The current BIOS on the board is the last one offered by
Gateway EA81510A.15A.0012.P09. Apparently, the Intel Easton board
(Intel version) can support the Lin Lin adapter with BIOS versions P10
and P11, but not P09 and prior. I attempted to load these, but it
would not take--"incorrect board" or some other similar message. I
set up the Lin Lin adapter w/ 1.45v, 1.5v, and 1.6v w/ 133FSB, none
worked, no post, hard drive light stays on, cpu fan runs. I'm
guessing the board is just not recognizing the cpu. The voltage
regulator on this board is the SC1185ACSW, which should work for the
voltages I tested. At this point, I'm believing that the outdated
Gateway BIOS is the problem and I'm out of luck getting this to work
on this board because the Intel versions that do work don't take, am I
correct or are there other things to try?