Lenovo G550 audio

Bill

Has anyone else got one of these Lenovo G550's? Mine chugs along nicely
on its single core Celeron but........

1. Why, on a machine with built in camera, put the mic so close to the
HD and fan in the main body of the machine and thus, like my recent
Acer, make it useless?

2. I'm surprised that Lenovo seem to have hardware-disabled the Stereo
Mix option in the recording Control panel. I know the right-click on
space trick in this panel, but nothing shows up either with the default
Win7 drivers or the Connexant "Smart" (what is this?) driver from
Lenovo.

I can work around the problems, I believe, but it looks as though Lenovo
have lost the plot and succumbed to the DRM police. I'd be interested to
know if anyone else has one of these machines and can confirm that mine
isn't broken.

--
Bill

Lenovo g550 PcGAmeR22 Laptops 6 12-31-2011 05:35 AM
Re: Lenovo g550 PcGAmeR22 Laptops 0 12-21-2011 07:56 PM
Re: Lenovo g550 rb Laptops 0 12-21-2011 04:26 PM
Which laptop to choose: Lenovo ThinkPad R60, Lenovo 3000 N100 orHP Compaq Business Notebook nx9420? Jef Driesen Laptops 1 01-19-2007 05:26 PM