Leopard: Safari not noticing new posts to RSS feeds

Viktor Haag

Safari has suddenly stopped updating the bookmarks bar with the
numbers next to RSS feed URLs that show new articles. If I manually
open the feed pages in Safari, it is capable of highlighting the new
articles appropriately, but it doesn't show new articles numbered in
the bookmark bar or the bookmarks menu.

Does anyone have an idea about how this could be fixed?

Thanks!

--
V.

Ken Dine

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> Viktor Haag <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Safari has suddenly stopped updating the bookmarks bar with the
>> numbers next to RSS feed URLs that show new articles. If I manually
>> open the feed pages in Safari, it is capable of highlighting the new
>> articles appropriately, but it doesn't show new articles numbered in
>> the bookmark bar or the bookmarks menu.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea about how this could be fixed?

> In Preferences->RSS, do you have "Automatically update articles in
> Bookmarks Bar" checked?

Hi - In addition to RSS in Safari, in Leopard there's now a new RSS
feature in your Mac's *Mail* too, so perhaps your default was switched
over to use that 2nd RSS feed?

Ken

Viktor Haag

On Nov 3, 12:37 am, Ken Dine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Barry Margolin wrote:
> >> Safari has suddenly stopped updating the bookmarks bar with the
> >> numbers next to RSS feed URLs that show new articles. If I manually
> >> open the feed pages in Safari, it is capable of highlighting the new
> >> articles appropriately, but it doesn't show new articles numbered in
> >> the bookmark bar or the bookmarks menu.

> >> Does anyone have an idea about how this could be fixed?

> > In Preferences->RSS, do you have "Automatically update articles in
> > Bookmarks Bar" checked?

> Hi - In addition to RSS in Safari, in Leopard there's now a new RSS
> feature in your Mac's *Mail* too, so perhaps your default was switched
> over to use that 2nd RSS feed?

Yes, I have Safari set to automatically update articles in both the
Bookmarks Bar and the Bookmarks Menu.

Yes, I have Safari set to be my default RSS reader.

--
Viktor Haag

OT: RSS Feeds, Atom? Journey Dell 5 03-01-2008 04:38 AM
Safari rss for Jaguar? bearclaw@cruller.invalid Apple 1 07-01-2005 04:21 AM
RSS feeds in Tiger Tina Brown Apple 2 04-29-2005 07:16 PM
NF7-S New Bios2.5 Anyone noticing higher reported temps? rms AMD Overclocking 6 07-26-2004 11:34 AM
NF7-S New Bios2.5 Anyone noticing higher reported temps? rms Abit 6 07-26-2004 11:34 AM