LG Blu ray and video cards

mc

Ok I am having a terrrible time getting ATI Radeon HD 3450, 4350, or
5450 to simply play a blu-ray disk. I used the 3450 agp on the
dimension 8300 and can force it to play using cyberlink 9. The 4350
and 5450 pci express cards will not play a blu disk using the e510
machine with xp media op sys, and I tried many drivers. I installed a
GeForce 210 in the e510 and it works. Oddly though the vga connection
works better on a crt monitor than the HDMI works on the Hanns HH251
(go figure). So what is up with ATI? I thought the Radeon HD video
cards would work on the LG WH10LS30.
mc

mc

On Nov 8, 10:58*am, mc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ok I am having a terrrible time getting ATI Radeon HD 3450, 4350, or
> 5450 to simply play a blu-ray disk. I used the 3450 agp on the
> dimension 8300 and can force it to play using cyberlink 9. The 4350
> and 5450 pci express cards will not play a blu disk using the e510
> machine with xp media *op sys, and I tried many drivers. I installed a
> GeForce 210 in the e510 and it works. Oddly though the vga connection
> works better on a crt monitor than the HDMI works on the Hanns HH251
> (go figure). So what is up with ATI? I thought the Radeon HD video
> cards would work on the LG WH10LS30.
> mc

Well here is ATI's response...,

Are you able to play BluRays with 3rd party software such as VLC?
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
The chipsets do support RGB overlay and are HDCP compliant.

It is more than likely a display resolution or Pixel Format setting
that needs to be changed.
Launch the CCC software. Open Desktop and Displays or click on the
icon that looks like a house.
Right click on the small HDTV icon at the bottom and select configure.
In the Pixel Format tab select different options and test. YCbCr
4:2:2 has been reported to work.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the
service request reference intact.

So I tried VLC and that did not work...I have not tried the Pixel
Format options yet...come on ATI things should be simple???
mc

Refresh Rate and Blu-ray Tom Lake Nvidia 1 12-21-2009 02:53 PM
Refresh Rate and Blu-ray Tom Lake Dell 1 12-21-2009 02:53 PM
Blu-Ray burners and disk capacity Neil Jones Hardware 2 12-25-2008 06:09 PM
HP laptop with blu ray writer and HDMI input carlo90@shaw.ca HP 0 11-07-2008 12:38 AM
Playing Blu-Ray disc with only 64MB dedicated video RAM? u1000393@email.sjsu.edu Nvidia 1 12-01-2007 04:12 PM