for the life of me....

breezyyb

I just cant figure this out!! I got a Packard Bell Multimedia J180 at a
garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!
thanks....

Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

"breezyyb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutcomputing.com...
> I just cant figure this out!! I got a Packard Bell Multimedia J180 at a
> garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
> tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!

Well, you could start by telling us which case style it is, since that seems
to be a rare model not found in the usual places online... when the site comes
back up, check here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...74/pbcase.html
(currently down due to excess traffic)

I'm in the process of migrating my old Windows installation from a PB
Multimedia L196 ("designer tower" case, looks like a normal mid-tower sitting
on a pizza box) into something only slightly more modern, a barebones system
built on an ASUS A7V400-MX mobo.

If this is your case style, here's how to open it (it can be quite difficult
if never/rarely opened):
1. remove 3 screws from back
2. slide outer shell backward about 1/2 inch until it stops - this may be very
stiff
3. lift shell upward.

For access to RAM slots, motherboard connectors/jumpers, lower PCI/ISA slots,
etc., continue thus:

4. raise front of case on something about an inch thick and solid, or hang the
front 2 inches or so over the edge of a table/desk
5. pull the 2 sides of the front gray plastic part of the "pizza box" forward
and downward from the top (the seam is obvious), this may also be very stiff
6. now you should see 2 screws that allow easy removal of the 2 long sides of
the "pizza box" for easier access within the lower part of the case. The
front panel can also be removed by another 2 screws at this point if desired.

--

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ] verizon [ D O T ] net

Life expectancy Travis King Asus 83 02-21-2005 11:08 PM
Abit and the meaning of life. h2so4 Abit 19 05-31-2004 02:08 PM
MB/HDD Life and Reliability Under No Shutdown Ted K Asus 2 04-03-2004 10:26 PM
Life yet for your old A7v (and others) mobos?? STOPtheSPAM@nospam.com Asus 1 02-20-2004 08:29 PM
OT: And you think *your* life is bad... Rick Abit 4 08-27-2003 04:59 AM