Line In - No Sound!! H E L P !!!

Nimrod K Funk

Hi

i mess about from time to time doing a bit of home music recording. when i
went to do some recently i found that i'm not getting any signal through my
line in ! i tried the mic in too and still nothing!!

i've re-installed drivers. i've tried different leads etc. i've checked
the mixer input is set to line-in. i've physically removed the card and put
it back in.

i haven't installed any new audio software or hardware recently to conflict
with it.
if i play a song in media player and use the 'creative recorder' it WILL
record the song live as it plays. if i try this with soundforge then it
doesn't record anything. but always NOTHING thru the line-in!!!!

i'm running a dell dimension 8250, Pentium 4 2.4ghz, 256 ram, windows xp
home edition service pack 1. the card is just the basic OEM without the
breakout box etc etc. it used to work fine apart from the usual bit of
latency!!

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

thanks in advance

chj

Lenny

> i've re-installed drivers. i've tried different leads etc. i've checked
> the mixer input is set to line-in. i've physically removed the card and

put
> it back in.

This is a "duh" kind of question, but you haven't accidentally managed to
mute the input(s) in the control panel by any chance, maybe by running some
program that fiddled with these settings without asking you (it happens from
time to time; why? It's windows... ). You'll need to go to the Properties
window and switch over to recording mode to make sure all inputs are really
enabled.

If this does not solve your problem, go to soundforge's website and check
the faq, and then email their tech support before contacting creative,
because from what I hear they're hopeless and should only be tried as a
desperate last-ditch attempt.

Lee C. Carpenter

I have the same problem. I haven't been able to figure it out either.

Lee

"Nimrod K Funk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cgfdes$2at$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> i mess about from time to time doing a bit of home music recording. when i
> went to do some recently i found that i'm not getting any signal through

my
> line in ! i tried the mic in too and still nothing!!
>
> i've re-installed drivers. i've tried different leads etc. i've checked
> the mixer input is set to line-in. i've physically removed the card and

put
> it back in.
>
> i haven't installed any new audio software or hardware recently to

conflict
> with it.
> if i play a song in media player and use the 'creative recorder' it WILL
> record the song live as it plays. if i try this with soundforge then it
> doesn't record anything. but always NOTHING thru the line-in!!!!
>
> i'm running a dell dimension 8250, Pentium 4 2.4ghz, 256 ram, windows xp
> home edition service pack 1. the card is just the basic OEM without the
> breakout box etc etc. it used to work fine apart from the usual bit of
> latency!!
>
> any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!
>
> thanks in advance
>
> chj

M50: Do you get audio passthrough line-in to line-out? Davy PC Hardware 5 03-26-2008 11:48 AM
Line In vs Line 0ut. axipolti@yahoo.com Dell 2 08-01-2005 12:19 AM
line-out on NF7-S matt carlsen Abit 1 06-21-2004 05:30 AM
NTFS error, accessing raid array through DOS, or chkdsk from command line h Abit 2 04-21-2004 05:03 PM
KT7A introducing noise to the phone line. Erick Ondich Abit 2 08-16-2003 04:38 AM