Linux - Best Distro

Patrick Finnegan

Which Linux distro has the best support for the IBM Thinkpad A31p?

Thanks in advance.

noname

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Which Linux distro has the best support for the IBM Thinkpad A31p?

There is no best Linux distro imho. Most recent well known proven
distributions (eg SuSE, Redhat etc) are fine. At almost any modern
laptop you have to tweak and finetune to your needs.
S.

Patrick Finnegan

noname <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<423500ca$0$28988$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>...
> Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > Which Linux distro has the best support for the IBM Thinkpad A31p?
> >

> There is no best Linux distro imho. Most recent well known proven
> distributions (eg SuSE, Redhat etc) are fine. At almost any modern
> laptop you have to tweak and finetune to your needs.
> S.

Thanks for the replies. Will try Mandake and Suse in dual boot config.

Nicholas Andrade

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Which Linux distro has the best support for the IBM Thinkpad A31p?
>
> Thanks in advance.

As already stated, this is largely a matter of opinion. If you're new
to Linux, I suggest either Red Hat (Fedora Core), Mandrake, or Suse. If
you're familiar with BSD, you'll like Gentoo (it uses the ports system).
Lastly Debian (and its derivatives like Ubuntu) is good if you want to
install something once and never have to worry about updates.

With that said, I ran Fedora Core 2 as my only OS for the last year of
my T21's life without any problems. I currently have FC3 on my new
laptop (a Dell D610) and am very happy. I plan to install Gentoo on it
later (using my T21's HDD).