Linux with P4SCT+

CalBEE

The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
the other Linux.

Moshe Jacobson

Ed Jamison - MBX <ed-at-mbx-dot-com> wrote:
> What portion of the P4SCT+ do you need drivers for? There are ways to
> get everything working, but it would be useful to know what you're
> having trouble with...

I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
into which we have two drives plugged.

It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
one and have the O/S detect them then?

Thanks,
Moshe

--
*** SPAM BLOCK: Remove bra before replying! ***
http://runslinux.net :: moshe at runslinux dot net :: AIM: Jehsom

Moshe Jacobson

Moshe Jacobson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
> Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
> into which we have two drives plugged.

Actually, let me verify. The manual says it's a Marvell 88SX5040 but
it comes up with Adaptec firmware, calling it a HostRAID 1230XA. Is
the manual correct?

Moshe