Live 5.1 vs. Audigy 2 zs

RoadCzar

I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is NOT
going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears. The
biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds such
as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

Folk

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:00:30 -0500, "RoadCzar" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
>difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is NOT
>going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears. The
>biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
>games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds such
>as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
>statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

I found the same to be true when I upgraded from an SBLive.

Fred

Cool!

I plan to upgrade to a ZS Platinum Pro, and i'm also going to buy the
Gigaworks S760 speakes........ that should be a pretty insane combination

"RoadCzar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
> difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is

NOT
> going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears.

The
> biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
> games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds

such
> as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
> statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

Covak

Just checking, you're using analog out, right?

"RoadCzar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just upgraded my old Live 5.1 to Audigy 2 ZS. Not expecting a big
> difference I was prepared to return the card the next day. This card is

NOT
> going back! The difference was significant even to my insensitive ears.

The
> biggest improvements are in sound clarity and in separations when playing
> games. Is seems like I can hear at least 25% more of the subtle sounds

such
> as echoes and spent ammo dropping to the ground. I don't know if this is a
> statement of how good Audigy 2 ZS is or how bad my 5.1 live was.

RoadCzar

Yes, analog.

news:GR4ib.289986$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...