Live Drive IR With Audigy 2?

Mark \(UK\)

Hi all,

I have a SB Live 5.1 Platinum Setup that I use primarily for listening to
MP3s (plugged into a good HiFi amp, not PC speakers) and for recording to
and from Minidisc via optical connectors. I am considering upgrading the
card itself to an Audigy 2, as I am told that the quality is noticeably
better than the Live.

My question is whether or not an Audigy 2 card will function correctly with
my existing Live Drive IR? I have read an article at
http://alive.singnet.com.sg/audigy/r...digy-drive.htm which states that
the Audigy 1 works fine with the drive, but does anyone know about Audigy 2?

Has anyone upgraded to this combination and noticed a good improvement?

Cheers

Mark