Live! Line In recording level

When using the line out from my stereo amp into the line in on the Live! card, I find the recording
levels very low. I can't adjust them up. The resulting .wav file sounds pretty good, but i can't
help thinking that if I could get the levels higher (according to the record level meters) I would
get a better signal to noise ratio. Has anyone else experienced this? The ouput levels from the
amp (tape out) are 11Vrms(max). Anyone know a solution? Thanks in advance.